cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pioneer - Error message or Server Error

dcxyz
Local Performer

I am unable to connect a pioneer SC-65 receiver to my Pandora account. I receive a server error 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dcxyz! Thanks for posting. 

I enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Would you mind trying these steps while the trace is enabled to see if they help:

First make sure your Pioneer has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Then try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your Pioneer).
  • Reboot your model and router:
    • First, turn off your Pioneer. Unplug your modem and router for 5 minute. Then plug them back in and wait an additional 5 minutes. Now turn your Pioneer on and try Pandora again. 

Let me know how it goes. If you're still have trouble, I can remove the device association and have you run through the set-up again to see if that will help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

garjef67
Local Performer

I have a VSX=1022-K receiver and have the same issue server error. I followed the same advice first updated firmware. then tried Pandora again. Same error. Then have followed the follow-up the receiver is connected to the Ethernet via cable as it is not wi-fi capable. turned off the receiver and unplugged the modem even waited longer than the 5 min. still unable to connect to pandora and still getting the server error. Please help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @garjef67! Welcome to community and thanks for trying those steps out.

I took a look at your Pandora account and I don't see a Pioneer receiver attached to this account. Is it possible that you have second Pandora account?

There are 2 devices connected to this account, an Android, connected in March 2021 and a Dish TV connected in 2015. 

If you do have another account, let me know and I'll message you privately for further details. Please avoid posting an email address on community.

Thank you! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

garjef67
Local Performer

No, I don't have a second account. Are you saying I have to set up the receiver on the account before I can use it?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @garjef67! Happy Friday!

Are you receiving the error while attempting to play Pandora or when you turn on your Pioneer? Based on your post, it seems that you've been listening to Pandora on your receiver prior to the error. 

Can you take a screenshot/picture of the error message to share here? You can include it directly in this thread.

If you haven't connected your Pioneer to your Pandora account, please check out Pandora in the home on our help page for more information on this. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

garjef67
Local Performer

I had logged into pandora to make sure I was using the correct user name and password on my PC. Then logged out. I get the server error when going to pandora and when trying to log into it with the user name and password.

So, reading that it sounds like it wants me to use the new user account to log in. Which I have tried to do but, still get the server error message. I will take a picture with my phone upload it to my computer then add it here.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @garjef67! Thanks for the follow up. 

Since the error is occurring before you log in, that may explain why I don't see a Pioneer connection with your Pandora account. 

Since you've already performed some device and network troubleshooting, I don't have any other steps to suggest at this time. 

I've gone ahead and created a ticket for our engineering team to investigate further. Let me know if anything changes on your end. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sherald
Local Performer

I have a vex lx304.  Same issue.  I can play through AirPlay, but not through the app.  Any suggestions?  Have had this issue before and was able to clear by unplugging the receiver and plugging back in.  Not this time.

0 Kudos

Sherald
Local Performer

Sorry, checked the wrong box.  This issue is continuing!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sherald! Welcome to community. 

Some users have said that removing the connection between the Pioneer and Pandora account has helped them. While this isn't a guaranteed solution, we can try it. I can remove the connection for you on my end. When it takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. You'll then need to go through the set-up once again. 

Let me know if you'd like try this. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CubeMonkey
Underground

I just setup my new Pioneer Elite SX-30 network receiver, and when I try signing into the built-in Pandora app, it simply gives me an "Account Error" message.  I've verified my login password and know that's not the issue, and can login via my iPhone, Xbox and the website.  I see people were logging similar issues with their other receivers and such earlier this year - is there a resolution coming to this issue?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CubeMonkey! Welcome to community 👋

I moved your post over to a similar thread: Pioneer - Error message or Server Error 

Is this the first time you've connected your Pioneer to your Pandora account? Do you get the error message before or after you've signed in?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CubeMonkey
Underground

Yes, it was the first time connecting, as I just got the receiver.  After I click "OK" after entering my password is when I get the error.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CubeMonkey! Sorry for the delay.

Looks like this happens before the connection with your Pandora account occurs. I'm not seeing a Pioneer connection on my end with your account.

I would recommend power cycling your network connection.

1. Shut down your Pioneer completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Pioneer back on and try connecting to Pandora again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CubeMonkey
Underground

No, that didn't help, but I did find the solution.  So for those experiencing this problem, here's what I had to do:

Like the rest of you, when trying to setup the app using my existing account, I got the error above when logging in with my credentials.  Resetting my network connection, as the moderator suggested, didn't fix anything.  So I went back to the setup, and this time, instead of choosing "I have an existing account", I chose the option to setup a new account.  It brings up a screen that tells you to go to pandora.com/pioneer and enter the activation code that's on screen.  Once I did that, the online activation page asks you if you want to setup a new account or lookup an existing account.  THEN you can choose to login with your existing account and the receiver app finally logs in and activates after you do.  It appears to be a flaw in the Pioneer app.

Geefle
Local Performer

I used Pandora on a VSX-832 by WiFi for years. The 832 was destroyed by a power surge. I replaced it with a VSX-823 which does not have WiFi but is on a cat 6 network connection. It receives Internet Radio, but selecting Pandora I see only Server Error. I did factory reset of the 823 and rebooted network. Pioneer is not offering a firmware update for this model, though I see a text reference to s9369.4004.1067 but cannot find that file. Network settings: IP: 192.168.4.1 DCHP:ON Gateway 192.168.4.1 Proxy:Disabled Subnet mask:255.255.252.0 

Any help please?

correction, IP:192.168.4.114

I turned off DCHP and was then able to get through to existing user login page. For Username I entered the email for the account, not case-specific, right? And password is case-specific. Result: Server Error. 😞

I'm quite sure I spelled it right, but it's quite laborious using the Pioneer remote to scroll out each letter. Tried a USB (dongle) keyboard in the VSX-823, no response, is that surprising? Also tried the Pioneer Remote app (android), it did not find the receiver automatically or typing in the IP address. Any other suggestions to make these trials a little less trying?

Tried CubeMonkey's work-around, selecting New Account instead of existing. It leads directly to... Server Error!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Geefle
Local Performer

Got firmware s9294.4004.1066 from 3rd party & installed. Added Spotify, no other visible change in operation. Still looking for s9369.4004.1067, https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/AVR/VSX-823K_1023_43/CHANGE%20HISTORY_VSX-... says it's Firmware Update for Pandora Subscribers

0 Kudos

BigBobLikeMusic
Local Performer

Isn't there another way? My Pioneer VSX-823 says Server Error when I click on New User to get an activation code.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BigBobLikeMusic It sounds like this happens before the connection with your Pandora account occurs. I'm not seeing a Pioneer connection on my end with your account.

I would recommend power cycling your network connection.

1. Shut down your Pioneer completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Pioneer back on and try connecting to Pandora again.
Let me know how it goes.
0 Kudos