cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play back issues with scratching like playing an old 45 vinyl record & dragging

jadedangel2008
Local Performer

My playback is wigging and acting super wonky.  When I play it on my Chromecast there is a constant sound of scratching and static like when a record or the needle was super dirty during playback of a vinyl record.

When it is not scratching it is dragging like when a cassette tape would start to misfeed and get caught up in the 'teeth' of the cassette player.

IF anyone understands what I'm talking about (you're probably between 35 and up LOL) and has any suggestions please let me know.

I've cleared my cache to my laptop and disconnected the Chromecast to reboot it AND rebooted my Samsung smart tv (it's 4k UHD).

I don't know what to do at this point and I'm frustrated... Pandora is my way to minimize my stress while working and this bs playback issue is adding to my stress.

Thanks in advance!

mod edit: format

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jadedangel2008 thanks for posting to community! Sorry to hear this, sounds quite horrible. 😖

Have a couple of questions for you:

1. Is this happening on every song?
    1. Is this happening when you are listening to stations, playlist, albums or all of the above?
  2. Does it only occur when connected to Chromecast? Does this also happen when you listen only on your laptop or another device without using Chromecast?

Just to clarify, when you use Chromecast, you use your laptop to cast to your Samsung TV?

Sorry for all the questions, just needed a few extra details. Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jadedangel2008
Local Performer

Hi TannerPandora,

Thanks for responding.  I'll answer as best I can.

1. Yes, it's happening on every song.

1a. It has happened while in my playlists and albums. It doesn't seem to happen while listening to stations.  However, I only 'tested' two of my stations.  Correction, as I'm typing this I am actually hearing the static and dragging while listening to a station.  So yes to all three.

2. It only occurs when connected to Chromecast; no issues with other mediums at least at this time. 

Thanks for asking the questions.  I had all that in mind when I posted but didn't want the post to be too lengthy.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the help @jadedangel2008! Have you tried any troubleshooting with your Chromecast as of yet? 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jadedangel2008
Local Performer

I'm not sure what other Troubleshooting there could be other than disconnecting the Chromecast to reboot it and rebooting my laptop

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Here are a few things to check @jadedangel2008.

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Pandora app and update if needed.
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  3. Restart your Chromecast device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  4. Restart the Pandora app on your device. If you're on your laptop, I would close the browser, restart the computer and then log back on.
  5. Launch Chromecast and try again. 

Google also has a some troubleshooting on their support page for Chromecast. If you are still having trouble, please refer to Google's support page here.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Caroover
Local Performer

Nothing like a little nostalgic review!!! Mine does too!!! My prob or Pandora’s??

0 Kudos