cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/14/21 - When shuffling Alexa says "Playing [username] Quick Mix"

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/14/21:

Hi all! We believe that this has been resolved. Alexa should respond correctly when shuffling stations on Pandora. 

If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post and be sure to reference this thread. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 12/14/21:

Hi all! We believe that this has been resolved. Alexa should respond correctly when shuffling stations on Pandora. 

If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post and be sure to reference this thread. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for being part of the community! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

bdeandel
Local Performer

Up until yesterday saying Echo Play Pandora Shuffle would work just fine.  Now it is responding with something like: Playing xyz quick mix.  How can I fix this problem

dsrich012
Underground

Same problem here, all devices, multiple profiles/Pandora accounts, gives me a "quick list" or some such **ahem**. Has been intermittent for a while. Usually when Amazon screws up their parsing it isn't intermittent, so this is different than their usual, but I suspect it is on Amazon's end. If you call tech support, they are useless.

dsrich012
Underground
1. The "everywhere group" is not where I need to play the music.

2. It still doesn't work.

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting you experience. 

Sounds like there are 2 issues going on here. The first is for people who are asking Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, such as a station. The second issue is when asking Alexa to shuffle, Alexa responds with 'Playing ABC Quick Mix' or similar response. 

I've created a new thread to address the 'quick mix' response from Alexa here and merged those who appear to be experiencing that issue here. 

For anyone that may asks Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, like a station or playlist, check out: Alexa - Pandora won't shuffle

In the meantime, I've passed on this experience along to our engineering teams, as well Amazon support. 

Thanks for your patience while we take a look. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting you experience. 

Sounds like there are 2 issues going on here. The first is for people who are asking Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, such as a station. The second issue is when asking Alexa to shuffle, Alexa responds with 'Playing ABC Quick Mix' or similar response. 

I've created a new thread to address the 'quick mix' response from Alexa here and merged those who appear to be experiencing that issue here. 

For anyone that may asks Alexa to shuffle and Alexa plays something else, like a station or playlist, check out: Alexa - Pandora won't shuffle

In the meantime, I've passed on this experience along to our engineering teams, as well Amazon support. 

Thanks for your patience while we take a look. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dsrich012
Underground

I am getting "Access Denied" on your "Quick Mix" link.above

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know, @dsrich012. Should work now.

The link will lead you to this thread that you currently posted on. Just wanted to make it easy for everyone to find the right spot. 

I've passed along your info to the engineering teams - we're looking into it. 

Can you confirm, when you ask Alexa to shuffle, you get the 'quick mix' respond and then music plays?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dsrich012
Underground
That is all it will do, yes. "xyz quick mix from David's pandor" where
xyz is my Pandora login, and then it plays music, stuff that actually
could be from a shuffling of stations, I can't tell.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Got it! Thanks @dsrich012!

I'll post updates in this thread as they are made available to me. Keep an eye out here. 

Thanks again!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RvrGnWild
Local Performer

Why did Alexa change the name of my quick mix? She use to say "shuffling pandora" and now I dont know what shes saying! 

0 Kudos

RL3
Underground

I am having the same issue with it announcing my screen name then playing "quick mix" instead of shuffling my stations. 

0 Kudos

Shortygirls3
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue. I tried updating my Alexa devices and my Pandora apps on my devices and it still keeps saying "Playing 'Usernames' quick mix. 

Please let me know how to resolve this. 

0 Kudos

GUP
Underground

Have same issue. Ask Alexa for Pandora shuffle but get quick mix. Is this just a name change or is it a different station? Anyone have a fix if it is an issue?

0 Kudos

JLOhanian
Local Performer

Same issue. Would like to know if this is truly Alexa shuffling my stations or if this is an issue. This is the main way I listen to music, so I would like it fixed. 🙁

0 Kudos

g1enn
Local Performer

Same thing here, "echo shuffle my pandora stations on the everywhere group", "playing Glenn's quick mix". Please find a solution. 

Mnph
Local Performer

Same. When I ask alexa to shuffle my Pandora stations it says it’s playing “xxx quick mix.”

0 Kudos

RL3
Underground

Looks like everyone is having the same no shuffle issue with Alexa but I dont see any response from Pandora. Sent them the msg too. 

0 Kudos

GUP
Underground
Pandora,please explain or fix.

Get Outlook for Android
0 Kudos

weezer_ut34
Underground

Same issue here. And this is probably something that Amazon effed up... They're good at that. About every 3 months or so, they'll change something, and it breaks things.