cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 8/31/21: Samsung TV: Songs play twice / repeat

TannerPandora

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Thank you for confirming that this is now resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Hi everyone! We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try again.

Thanks for being part of community!

PANDORA UPDATE 8/30/21: Good day, everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are aware of this behavior with Samsung and Xfinity devices and are looking into it.

Because other listeners have reported that troubleshooting has not been effective, I will not be posting troubleshooting steps at this time.

I’ve added you all to our ticket and will post updates here as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21:Thank you for confirming that this is now resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Hi everyone! We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Thanks for being part of community!

PANDORA UPDATE 8/30/21: Good day, everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are aware of this behavior with Samsung and Xfinity devices and are looking into it.

Because other listeners have reported that troubleshooting has not been effective, I will not be posting troubleshooting steps at this time.

I’ve added you all to our ticket and will post updates here as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 Replies

Warbie5
Local Performer

listening to a station through my Samsung TV and every song is being played twice before moving to next song.  I can skip, but that's a pain to do after every song. HELP!

0 Kudos

PharmB0y
Local Performer

Same problem here.  Each one plays twice.

0 Kudos

LynnLunaBleu
Local Performer

Same here, it's driving me insane. 

0 Kudos

andrea29
Underground

All of the sudden, every song plays twice on my t.v., but NOT on my Android phone.  Can someone tell me how to stop this???  Thanks so much!  I'm going BONKERS!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground

Any fixes yet?

0 Kudos

scottkin
Local Performer

Same issue here. Destroying the experience

0 Kudos

MichaelER
Underground

Songs will complete and then repeat..  The transition is smooth and seemingly not glitchy.  The image of the artist does not change as it does when a new song starts. I do not have this problem on my Windows computer or Echo device.

My Samsung TV is hardwired to my Netgear Modem/Router. I have an Internet only connection with Xfinity.  I run Pandora through the application on my smart TV and not channeled through Xfinity.  My equipment is not two years old and show no indication of problems.  

Pandora has deleted my device and I reconfigured my connection on the smart TV.  It took a few songs for the annoying behavior to return but it certainly did return.

I noticed that the behavior of the application changed a few days ago.  Previously, the last incomplete song played restarts at the beginning when logging back in.  Now, the last incomplete song played continues from where it left off?  Was there a change to the application that caused this issue?

0 Kudos

Godo1960
Local Performer

I have Pandora on a Samsung Smart TV and Xfinity.  The shuffle periodically stops and  repeats songs.  I don't seem to have an issue on my iphone or pad.  It is sort of annoying having to manually foward.

0 Kudos

mictodric
Local Performer

Same, Samsung TV. First World Problems.

0 Kudos

Godo1960
Local Performer

I have Pandora on a Samsung Smart TV and Xfinity.  The shuffle periodically stops and  repeats songs.  I don't seem to have an issue on my iphone or pad.  It is sort of annoying having to manually foward.

landshark16
Underground

I've noticed this same issue on my Samsung TV Pandora app.  I have over 150 stations on shuffle. A little while after starting to listen, the song currently playing will play again. I have to skip it to move to the next song and then that one repeats again. This is something new that started about a week ago. 

Warbie5
Local Performer

Indeed it is!

0 Kudos

elaineogara2020
Local Performer

The same exact thing has been happening to me! It started a few days ago and is super annoying. 

Please Pandora give us instructions to fix this. Thank you. E

tazza
Underground

Same here! Is there a fix? Samsung? Pandora? PLEASE!

0 Kudos

@Godo1960 good Saturday evening, have you tried to shut your Pandora app down then re-start it? If not then please do so and try it again, it if still continues to give you fits, then scroll down your playlist and click on another song that has not been played through the repeat cycle, if that does not solve your issue, then come back here in the community, and at the bottom of the screen you will see the word Help at the far right in the black box, click on the help and that will direct you for troubleshooting your problem. Have a great evening, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground

Same thing...Am now using Pandora app on my TV instead of Xfinity app...works fine

mlptampa2
Underground

I'm having the same issue on playlists and stations even without shuffle being on.

pmraimersr
Local Performer

Pandora should look into this problem as it just started recently. It could be due to an Xfinity upgrade but, it's Pandora's AP that determines the song shuffle and should work with Xfinity to solve the problem.

CaptFunk
Underground

Same issue, started last night. Using the Xfinity app, every song plays twice. Using the Pandora app on a Samsung smart TV, the app is extremely slow and buggy. Unusable. I have a paid account for better sound and no commercials. After ten years may be changing to Spotify.