cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 8/31/21: Xfinity - Song(s) repeat / plays twice

TannerPandora

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: We have received confirmation that this has been resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Hi everyone! We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Thanks for being part of community!

PANDORA UPDATE 8/30/21: Good day, everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are aware of this behavior with Samsung and Xfinity devices and are looking into it.

Because other listeners have reported that troubleshooting has not been effective, I will not be posting troubleshooting steps at this time.

I’ve added you all to our ticket and will post updates here as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Hi everyone! We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Thanks for being part of community!

PANDORA UPDATE 8/30/21: Good day, everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are aware of this behavior with Samsung and Xfinity devices and are looking into it.

Because other listeners have reported that troubleshooting has not been effective, I will not be posting troubleshooting steps at this time.

I’ve added you all to our ticket and will post updates here as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies

Pabab
Local Performer

For a few months now, while streaming over my Xfinity Flex media player, Pandora will often replay the beginning couple of seconds of the last song played. So, song ends, then restarts, then stops and a different song plays. Over time, the incidence has become more frequent, to the point that this happens almost every song. Sometimes, though not often, the same song will play again all the way through.

Anyone else having this problem? What's the fix, Pandora?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pabab! Thanks for posting your experience. 

This is the first time I'm hearing this for Xfinity devices. To take a closer look I've enabled a trace on your account. I'd like to remove the device association and have you run through the set-up again and replicate your experience while the trace is enabled. 

If you're up for this, let me know and I'll remove the device. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pabab
Local Performer
Sure. Let me know what I need to do.

BTW, we've also noticed occasional "hiccups" on the Xfinity box where
anywhere from a fraction of a second to a few seconds of playback is
skipped more or less instantaneously. Sort of sounds like when a record
skips over a groove, if you've ever heard that. I've suspected it might be
a buffering issue, but don't know one way or another.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pabab! Does this happen with every song? 

I've gone ahead and removed the device association with your Pandora account. When this takes effect, you'll be automatically logged out of your Xfinity device. When you're ready, go ahead and activate Pandora again and attempt to play as you normally would. 

Let me know the date and the time and I'll take a closer look at the logs. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pabab
Local Performer

Ok, I've reactivated Pandora on the Xfinity box. Basically 3PM EDT, 8/2.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks, @Pabab! I'll take a look at the logs and follow up. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pabab
Local Performer

Have you had a chance to study the logs? The problem persists...

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Pabab! Sorry for the delay! 😔

Unfortunately, the trace didn't yield any notable info on my end. I've gone ahead and created a ticket for our engineering team to take a closer look at what may be happening. I've included your info and passed this along. 

The last recommendation I can make is to power cycle your modem / router. Unplug your router / modem for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and try once more. 

Also, can you let me know if you're connected to WiFi or Ethernet on your Xfinity?

Thanks and sorry again for the delay. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ANW
Local Performer

I started using the Pandora app on xFinity on my Samsung TV.

I want to shuffle songs. It plays a song from my one of the choices in the collection but keeps repeating the same song without moving to another

Thanks for suggestions.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ANW I moved your post over to the Other Devices space.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground

The problem appears to be through the Pandora app on the Xfinity box. The question of being hooked up to WiFi or Ethernet confuses me. I can use Pandora through TV's app and not have this problem of repetition. Not as convenient as Xfinity app ...but far less frustrating!

0 Kudos

Pabab
Local Performer

Sorry, I just saw the last part of your post.

We reboot the router from time to time for various reasons and it has no effect on the Pandora problem.

The Xfinity box streams over wifi.

Any idea if the engineering team has looked at the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

I've seen others are having this issue on other devices. I'm using Pandora with the app provided by Xfinity on the XI DVR box. No matter what playlist or station I'm on, it plays every song twice before moving to a new song. I always have shuffle turned on. Using Pandora on my LG phone does not have this issue.

0 Kudos

RSCJSC
Local Performer

Same sort of issue. It seems to be the Pandora app through Xfinity. Every song is repeated twice as of late.

Chatwoods
Underground

Same...had to switch to playing Pandora through TV app...works fine...definitely an issue with Xfinity app

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground

Agree... Xfinity app the problem. When I run Pandora through TV's app works fine. My TV is LG...so I am sure it is not a Samsung issue

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

I'm glad to see that it may not a Pandora issue. I was concerned that it might start doing that on my phone app. I did a system refresh with Xfinity, rebooted the main DVR and the wireless gateway. Yesterday it played every song twice. Today it just repeats some songs, not all. 

0 Kudos

diane12377
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem with the Xfinity app.  Keeps repeating the song just played.  I don't know how to update the app or restart it.  Do I need to call Xfinity? 

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground
I would try 1800comcast, if you want to try. I know they are aware of the problem by looking at posts on their forum. I am just running it through app on TV for now...hoping it will get fixed.
0 Kudos