cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 8/31/21: Samsung TV: Songs play twice / repeat

TannerPandora

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Thank you for confirming that this is now resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Hi everyone! We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try again.

Thanks for being part of community!

PANDORA UPDATE 8/30/21: Good day, everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are aware of this behavior with Samsung and Xfinity devices and are looking into it.

Because other listeners have reported that troubleshooting has not been effective, I will not be posting troubleshooting steps at this time.

I’ve added you all to our ticket and will post updates here as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (2)
39 Replies

Avery716
Local Performer

I’m playing Pandora through my Xfinity Flex box. And Pandora will play every song twice in a row before going to the next song. I’ve restarted the box and the app and it’s not helping. What do I do?

0 Kudos

Dougsuz
Local Performer

Each song gets played twice when listening through my Samsung TV. It happens almost all the time.

0 Kudos

andrea29
Underground

I've never left feedback here - does anyone if Pandora see's these???  I can't figure out HOW to contact them directly.  Really bummed.

0 Kudos

andrea29
Underground

I'm super lame when it comes to tech.  I rely on "talking" to my Xfinity remote for almost everything.  I have a Vizio Smart TV .............. any idea how I can get the app on my TV, or, (here's the tech-challenged side of me) is it already there?  Please be kind with response.  ~ andrea.  🙂

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground
Looks like all you need to do is double push the V button on your tv remote to see the apps that are installed or available...the problem arises if your TV is not connected to the internet....but being a smart tv that should be available...even as a wifi connection. Good Luck!
0 Kudos

retail17
Local Performer

Same here.  Was working fine for over a year then suddenly this started in the last week.  Frustrating.  Had to start using Amazon Music.

0 Kudos

pan2
Local Performer

Same here. Repeats and it’s frustrating.

0 Kudos

CyclingBilly
Local Performer

So...  the same started occurring for me, and here are the remedies I attempted;

1) Change to another of my channels

2) Forget my channels, searched for an artist/song (not using ANY of my channels.

3) Uninstall Pandora from my Samsung TV.  Reinstalled and authenticated back to my sccount.

Nuts!  NONE of these helped solve it.  Not 'every' song repeats twice, but many do...  it IS annoying...  well...  on occasion, the song that repeats I 'do' want to hear again, so it has been nice, occasionally!

0 Kudos

3dmarkham
Local Performer

I am having the same problem which started about a week ago, what's going on?

0 Kudos

valentj4
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same problem.  My Pandora plays without repeating songs on my computer and phone, but it randomly repeats songs on my Samsung tv.  This just started happening this past week.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Pandora on the TV but it still is repeating songs.  Please help, thank you!

0 Kudos

valentj4
Local Performer

Pandora plays without repeating songs on my phone and computer, but it is randomly repeating some songs on my Samsung TV.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Pandora on the TV but that has not solved this problem.  HELP!  thank you!

0 Kudos

CaptFunk
Underground

Hi Andrea - I wish I could be more helpful with this. I don't have a Vizio TV. The Pandora app came installed on my Samsung. Sorry! Good luck.

0 Kudos

dg01
Local Performer

This is happening to me. A few days ago Pandora started playing each song twice. I listen to Pandora Plus on my Samsung TV.

0 Kudos

MichaelER
Underground

I am a 500+ hour user and his was my first post on this community board.  I also exchanged a couple of e-mails with a support person about the problem but have not gotten a productive response.  Does Pandora Support monitor this board and respond?

Clearly, something changed at one point in time 10 days ago.  Samsung TVs run the Tizen OS (not Android, Windows, iOS) so I believe that makes the Pandora application specific for Samsung devices.  Was there a change to the application that created this issue?

CaptFunk
Underground

I don't know if this is a monitored community board or not. I don't see any "expert" replies. I'll be sure to share if I find out anything useful. 

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground
It is a problem with the Xfinity app....not just Samsung TVs affected
0 Kudos

MichaelER
Underground

I have an internet only connection with Xfinity.  I do not have Xfinity equipment or use any Xfinity interface or application.  So my traffic is straight IP.  I think we would experience other Internet issues if Xfinity has a transport issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21:Thank you for confirming that this is now resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please create a new post. This post will be closed from further comment to keep the community tidy.

PANDORA UPDATE 8/31/21: Hi everyone! We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try again and let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Thanks for being part of community!

PANDORA UPDATE 8/30/21: Good day, everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We are aware of this behavior with Samsung and Xfinity devices and are looking into it.

Because other listeners have reported that troubleshooting has not been effective, I will not be posting troubleshooting steps at this time.

I’ve added you all to our ticket and will post updates here as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Chatwoods
Underground
So your songs are playing twice even without Xfinity app....mine will work fine through LG app on TV...only doubles songs when I use Xfinity app on x1 box
0 Kudos

MichaelER
Underground

Yes! I have been playing through my Samsung TV now for several hours without a repeat.  Thanks to Abraham in Support for the good follow through.