cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved 7/18/24): Xfinity + Samsung: Playback stops, or won't play - song length set to 0

steverizz
Underground

xfinity pandora freezes.  It plays an ad and one or two songs.  then no sound for 2 songs, then resumes and repeats.  when there is no sound, it looks like a song is playing except it is at zero seconds and the song length is zero seconds.  I can select pause and play again, but nothing happens.  It will change artists and songs and the same no sound phenomenom happens again.  It will start back up eventually, but the pauses continue.  How do I uninstall and reinstall?  I am playing pandora on an LG TV, but I use xfinity blue microphone button to say, "play shuffle on pandora" and it goes to the 3rd party pandora ap.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
72 Replies

Paws
Underground
Thank you. Constantly freezing up and not playing songs. I rebooted router and modem. Deleted app and reinstalled it. What a pain.
Sent from my iPhone

CCMan
Local Performer

I have a Samsung TV and like many others all of a sudden the sound on Pandora stopped no matter what  I do. I have tried everything that I can think of; nothing works.

0 Kudos

nangil
Underground

I have the exact same problem except I do not have xfinity. My Pandora app on my Samsung smart tv has suddenly been only playing 1-2 songs then no sound for additional songs, but it looks like the song is still playing, just no sound. I have done all the trouble shooting tips but it is still not working correctly. Pandora app works fine on my iphone, ipad, and other tv that uses roku, so this is not a streaming issue but something wrong on Pandora's end. I have been waiting for two days to get a response back from Pandora.

0 Kudos

Ltsakids
Underground

I have also been waiting two days  I have Samsung tvs,vizo and some off brand.  Works on none of them.  But any other platform. 

I'm trying to figure it out too!
Yeah that's not helpful  haha.  I like to put it on for the animals when we leave the house so not even there to do that if I wanted to.  I played it through my alexa yesterday just fine.  No problem on phone or computer.  I have several different makes of tvs. It works on none of them so it's not a brand problem either. Like someone else said it's a Pandora problem and there is no response from them whatsoever.
mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

Ltsakids
Underground
Good question.  Since Pandora doesn't respond at all seems like it won't be.
0 Kudos

Amy_Drees
Local Performer

Glad I'm not the only one with the issue recently. To add to the confusion, if i let it cycle like normal, some songs don't play and don't track any play time, but then move on to the next song as if they had been playing. Some songs work like normal, most don't. 

I don't have the IPV option on my Samsung TV. I've done all the things, deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted the tv, the software is up to date, etc. 

0 Kudos

RC869AOL
Local Performer

I have a Sony Tv and Comcast Service.

My Pandora freezes now after playing 1 song.  I have gone throgh the trouble shooting deleting and adding and it does the same thing!

This has been going on for 1 week…..please advise!

0 Kudos

Rockb84
Local Performer

Same exact thing here it won’t play on Xfinity app or Samsung tv. It does work on iPhone though 

0 Kudos

drnielsen
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  So far, I've swapped out my Xfinity box for a new one, but the problem persists.  I've also tried the "sign out, sign in" fix that was suggested.  All to  no avail.  How will we know when Xfinity has a solution?  BTW, this just started 2 days ago.

0 Kudos

fwyatt
Opening Act

Mine has been doing the same thing with COX cable services. It's also happening on my mobile devices as well. Something is off with Pandora streaming. I have friends across the country having the same problem. Song playing intermittently. I am ready to cancel my paid plan and move on.

Same issue for me whether on COX Cable or mobile platforms. I am a paid subscriber and about ready to move on if Pandora doesn't figure it out soon.

Same issues. Started about a week ago.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

fwyatt
Opening Act

Same issues. Started about a week ago.

0 Kudos

Dzzoned70
Local Performer

On many of my devices and other people's, pandora has no sound

0 Kudos

Papayianni
Local Performer

I have the same problem with my Samsung Smart TV. My Sony TV works fine. 

I’ve tried everything and nothing works. 

I can’t change my xfinity router WiFi settings. 

0 Kudos

TMaz
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem past 2 weeks as well. Problem is as you described. I went as far as changing gateway, cable box. 

Still to no avail. This problem came out of the blue. I went through all preferences on TV as well as on screen. Everything seems to be correct. 

0 Kudos

nangil
Underground

I do not have the IPV6 option on my Samsung Q504 QLED tv so cannot disable it. With the Pandora app I have no sound although the bars at the top of the screen indicate the song is playing. The timer at the bottom stays on zero.  I have tried all troubleshooting tips that Pandora recommends and nothing has helped. The Pandora app works fine on my iphone, ipad, and other tvs. It has been working fine up until a few days ago. I do not want to go to other music apps as Pandora is my favorite. Please advise. 

0 Kudos

mchadwm5
Underground

I really hope Samsung is monitoring this conversation as the problem squarely sits with them.  My TV does not have the ability to disable IPV6, my home network has IPV6 enabled, and the only way I could make things work was to plug my TV directly into my Verizon FIOS router, where IPv6 is not enabled.  The problems with Pandora are not the only ones that immediately corrected when I made this change.  Most apps immediately responded 300% faster (i.e.:  Apple Music and Amazon Prime).

0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi @iggypopp, glad to see you around.

Thanks for sharing this with us and sorry to hear you're having trouble listening. Can you tell me a bit more about your TV?

• What is the make and model?
  • What happens when you open Pandora?
  • Is there an error message (if yes, what exactly does it say)?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

iggypopp
Local Performer
it is a Samsung and Pandora plays only one song at time and then shuts off. It just started that, I have been listening to it for years. 
0 Kudos

RC869AOL
Local Performer

I also have a paid subscription and notice (for about a week or so) that it only does the intermittent play issue on all of my Comcast TV's (Some are Android, some are not Android) but it does it on all........I also notice that when I switch that same TV to the TV's Home Screen Pandora APP itself,  it plays just fine.

I do find the quality of the play much better through the Comcast App than through the TV's APP so I would like Pandora to resolve what is going on .

0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Thanks for sharing this information and your experience about the music stopping on your TV, @iggypopp .

I've passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. We appreciate your patience while we take a look.

Also, I moved your posts to a thread related to your issue: Xfinity: Playback stops, or won't play - song length set to 0.

Thank you!

0 Kudos