cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Roku: Error message:"Unexpected error: An unexpected Error has occurred..."

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 6/15/21: We believe this issue has been resolved. I am closing this thread from further comments. If you experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Thank you for being part of community!

Pandora Update 6/14/21: Hi all! Thank you for posting your experience with Roku. Sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora. 

As some of you have already confirmed, we now believe that this has been resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please let us know. 

Thanks for posting! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Patty1515
Opening Act

I'm getting this message today. We'd been using a Beta version since the last fiasco with Roku and Pandora, but I've also tried to play with the regular 5.5 version, which Roku tells me is up to date. It's worked stellar up till now. We have Roku Ultra, I've tried logging out and logging back in. No joy, only made it worse. I'm limited with how many options I can try, will try power cycling the router/modem hoping that doesn't mung up all my other streaming which is working fine, seems that only Pandora has this issue. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

tsc6397
Local Performer

I am having several issues. I have nothing but Roku TVs in my house. I recently went and bought a new Roku Express 4k plus for our living room TV and Pandora worked fine for the 1st day. Now when I log in and click on a station it just says Unexpected Error. I have restart the Roku, restarted my modem, deleted Pandora, deleted the stations and everything I can think of. 

0 Kudos

Jrfsix
Local Performer

Also getting the Unexpected Error message today. Roku Ultra is up to date, Pandora is version 5.5 Build 3. I’ve rebooted, power cycled, uninstalled/reinstalled… no dice. 

0 Kudos

paulinboise
Underground

I have Pandora on 2 Samsung TV's  ( different models and different mfg. years) and Roku. All of them have issues with Pandora.  Worded on the Samsung tv for a year or so, then wouldn't ever load.  So I bought a Roku now it plays one song then jambs.  New router in that time line to, you people need to fix your app.

evans62
Local Performer

Pandora/Roku was working without issue Saturday afternoon, now getting unexpected error Sunday morning, same as above two users (Roku Ultra, Pandora 5.5b3, update-to-date software, restart does not fix). Pandora with same account works without issue on non-Roku devices e.g. Windows10 web, Android 11 app.

0 Kudos

bjdt
Local Performer

We started having the same problem this morning.  Here's what seemed to work for us: On the Roku Pandora app ... we went to the Pandora settings ... logged out of Pandora ... went to log back in to Pandora ... it gave us a code that expired in 10 minutes and instructions that we used to login to Pandora from our laptop to enter the provided code ... this activated the Roku Pandora app ... when it came back, it's been working ever since.

evans62
Local Performer

bjdt - thanks, your fix also appears to have solved my problem. Pandora/Roku app is working again without the unexpected error message.

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Patty1515 @Jrfsix @evans62 @bjdt We experienced a hiccup in the system that looks to be resolved now. Can you all please give it another try and let us know about your experience?

Thank you all for taking the time to report this and also for giving it a try and relaying your feedback to us. I appreciate you! :pandora:

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Patty1515
Opening Act

Thank you ErickPandora! It's working now. I thought it might just be a glitch. We love Pandora and listen to it constantly when we're at home (especially when we were stuck at home during the height of the Pandemic!) 😊

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Patty1515 Thanks for being a loyal subscriber and for the response. I appreciate you and hope you and your family are doing great now that we're out of the worst part (fingers crossed) of this pandemic! 

Thanks for listening! 🎧

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 6/15/21: We believe this issue has been resolved. I am closing this thread from further comments. If you experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Thank you for being part of community!

Pandora Update 6/14/21: Hi all! Thank you for posting your experience with Roku. Sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora. 

As some of you have already confirmed, we now believe that this has been resolved. If you continue to have trouble, please let us know. 

Thanks for posting! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos