cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - Unable to remain logged in with Guest Mode

gneufeld
Local Performer

I use Roku TVs for my Airbnbs and have discovered a major problem for those wanting to use the Pandora channel.  It is similar to the complaint in https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/RESOLVED-5-5-21-Roku-Does-Not-Remember-Login-Informat... but the TVs are in guest mode (Roku logs out of all channels automatically when the guest session is over).  The TV says it failed to transfer the login info.  This happens when I try to log into Pandora channel (in guest mode), turn off the TV, then turn on and go to the Pandora channel.  Other channels that have been added during the guest mode stay logged in (like Netflix, etc) but not Pandora.  Help?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @gneufeld! Welcome to community. 

Thanks for posting your experience. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineer team for further investigation. 

Thanks for your patience while they look into this. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MJCotter
Local Performer

Your reply as a Pandora moderator was over a year and a half ago. Have you received any useful informationj from the engineer team?

I am experiencing the same basic problem. I am using Pandora on a Roku TV in GUEST MODE as a guest and it will not remember my userid and pasword so I have to enter it every time; How do I get it to retain my credentials?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

MJCotter
Local Performer

I am using Pandora and Roku on a new Samsung TV in GUEST MODE as a guest and it will not remember my userid and pasword so I have to enter it every time even if I stay in the same Roku session but just exit the app. How do I get it to retain my Guest account credentials? On opening the app it offers the "Personalized radio..." splash screen and when I click Login it throws up a keyboard to enter my login info but then drops an error message that "We are unable to complete your request in Guest mode." 

A Pandora moderator responded over a year and a half ago to a post on a similar problem that it had been reported to the engineer team. Another moderator reply closed a similar issue saying it had been reported to Roku but without any solution being offered.

Has anyone received any useful information on this issue from the engineer team?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

MJCotter
Local Performer

Your reply as a Pandora moderator was over a year and a half ago. Have you received any useful informationj from the engineer team?

I am experiencing the same basic problem. I am using Pandora on a Roku TV in GUEST MODE as a guest and it will not remember my userid and pasword so I have to enter it every time; How do I get it to retain my credentials?

Thanks.

0 Kudos