cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku - Won't Load / Blue screen

Javierseahawk
Local Performer

Pandora app comes up on Roku (I have Ultra) and shows my stations but won’t play any of the stations just goes to blank blue screen when I select a station.  I have tried all recommended solutions in the community posts but none work.  I have removed and added the Pandora app so many times, rebooted my router, restarted Roku…nothing seems to work.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Javierseahawk! Thanks for posting to community. 

Can you do me a favor and share a picture of what you're seeing when you try to play Pandora on your Roku? You can share that picture right here in community. 

I've also enabled a trace on your account to help investigate what may be happening. I'll need you to try and use Pandora as you normally would. 

Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Javierseahawk
Local Performer

Here are the screen shots

20211021_151050 (1).jpg20211021_151155.jpg

0 Kudos

Javierseahawk
Local Performer

Here is what happens when I select the Pandora channel...stations are displayed.  I select a station then get unexpected error.  I click close and get the blue screen

20211021_151258.jpg20211021_151313.jpg20211021_151331.jpg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Javierseahawk Let me remove the device association with your account and have you run through the set-up again. I've gone ahead and removed the association, when this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. 

After you go through the set-up again, let me know if you're still running into the same problem.

Also, are you connected through Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Javierseahawk
Local Performer

Same problem…connected via Wi-Fi

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Javierseahawk Do you use a VPN network or any type of VPN settings for your internet?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Javierseahawk
Local Performer

Yes for security and privacy reasons…by the way the same network settings work on my Apple TV Pandora….the Roku Pandora app just does not work.  I can add stations but can’t play any music.  All my other Roku apps work fine with same network settings.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Javierseahawk!

Completely understandably, unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Javierseahawk
Local Performer

As I mentioned, I can can stream Pandora with my current VPN settings on the Apple TV Pandora app...so though not supported (?),,,it does work...just does not work with the Roku Pandora app.  I should also mention that it did work before in a previous version of the Roku Pandora app but it seems like something changed in the app when a version was updated.  Its a bit of pain to undo and do the settings.  I'll just stick to streaming Pandora on the Apple TV app

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Javierseahawk 

From our end, the log shows that the VPN seems to be randomizing the IP addresses and for some reason, the playback requests appear as if they are coming from Canada.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RadioNic
Local Performer

'Aunt Beth' posted a great solution. If other stations work, go to one, hit pause mid-song, return to problem station, and voila, mine was good again.

0 Kudos