cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku not playing all songs on a playlist

Listener001
Not applicable

How many songs do I need to keep in Keith Whitley's and Lorrie Morgan's playlists that I just fixed for 'em with the songs I like? I'm confused. Keith Whitley is just playing 1 song on my Roku Pandora and on my iPhone Pandora from the three playlists I fixed up for him. Keith Whitley is playing all 3 of his songs on his I Wonder Do You Think Of Me that I put in that playlist. That's a good thing :0).

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I moved your post over to the Other Devices space since this issue sounds specific to your Roku device.

There is no minimum number of tracks you need to keep on a playlist - that is completely up to you what tracks you want to include.

What is the name of the new playlist you created as well as the name of the track by Keith Whitley that isn't playing correctly on your Roku?

What version of that song plays on Roku, and which one should be the correct one?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

My Roku is playing the right song, but it's only playing just two songs in Keith Whitley's playlist for L.A. To Miami. He's playing Just Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left Her and On The Other Hand. He's not doing the other ones like the main title of his CD. The playlist name is playlist 955. On the other playlist he's just playing I Never Go Around Mirrors and It's All Coming Back To Me Now and not the main title of the CD and the other songs too. He's doing the same thing on my iPhone Pandora with both CDs. The playlist name is playlist 954. My Firefox is not letting me copy the playlist link to paste in here for some reason. I'm still adding playlists back to my station so everything is playing good afterwards. I didn't know I had to put the main title of the CD in with the name of the other track so that's what I'm doing today 😉.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 I took a look at both of your playlists and this is what I am seeing:

Liz, Margie and Pam's Playlist 955

It looks like only 3 tracks have been added to this playlist:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 7.04.05 AM.png

Liz, Margie and Pam's Playlist 954

It looks like only 4 tracks have been added to this playlist:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 7.05.27 AM.png

Were you looking to add additional tracks to both of these playlists?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Yep, while I'm finding songs to re-add back to my playlist collection that went missing a couple days ago I just assumed that I need to leave some Keith Whitley songs in the collection and they would come on whenever and put a couple of songs in a playlist. It made me take off Nobody In His Right Mind Would've Left Her and On The Other Hand from my playlist and on the other one it made me take off I Never Go Around Mirrors and It's All Coming Back To Me Now. I was looking to add all the tracks I have in my collection and the same with Kenny Rogers too. My friend Margie and I love When You Say Nothing At All and we want that to play on our 80s Country station. I shared the station with her. I'm trying to for both of us. On Kenny Rogers playlist for She Rides Wild Horses he's still not playing Buy Me A Rose 🙄. It made me take it off my playlist and leave it in the collection. I love that song too. When a bunch of my playlists disappeared I couldn't figure what I needed to put back on again. I just about it straightened out.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm up working on my 80s Country station. I just put back in two Keith Whitley CDs that were giving me troubles. Right now, I'm skipping through my 80s Country station on the Roku to see if there's anything else I need to put back in again while I'm on my laptop 😉. Did you guys find out why I was having so much troubles with the Keith Whitley's CDs? I noticed some other singers I had to put in the name of the song in a playlist and hide the name of the CD. That's the way it did with all of George Strait's songs. I felt like part of the problem was that I put a checkmark by the same song on two different CDs. When I was skipping on my Roku Pandora it showed me the correct one to put a checkmark by and uncheck the other one.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm working on my 80s Country station playlists and I feel like I've duplicated some. Can you check my playlist collection and make sure I didn't duplicate any? If I did, will you move those up so I can review 'em and remove the duplicates. When I was looking for the duplicates I missed alot of 'em and I messed up my station really bad the other day and am just now getting back on track. I think most of what I already have are on the very bottom of the playlist collection and didn't realize that I was duplicating 'em over again. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Thanks for moving up the duplicated playlists for me. That really helped alot. I just finished fixing my 80s Country station back. Can you tell me how many Tammy Wynette playlists I have? I think I need to put the other ones in if I didn't fix 'em up right.

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm confused. Last night, I was just finishing up making sure I got everything good on my 80s Country station I duplicated 3 albums in playlists and I was too tired to try and find something else to put in those three playlists so I waited 'til this morning to work on it to see what needs to be done. I've noticed that I had to put some albums that I had just added previously back into a playlist. It's like I did it wrong the first time and my Roku Pandora showed it to me to add it back again. Why did I have to do that? I typed in exactly what I saw on my screen 🤔. I thought to myself last night that I could have been working on my crocheting projects all day yesterday while I'm listening to my 80s Country station if it had gotten fixed better. I thought I got it all straightened out. The other day I thought I had duplicated way too many albums in playlists and I was glad it was only a couple that I saw in my playlists collection. It was hard to find something else to put in those that I emptied out, but I did finally find something to put in those.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Can you move up all of my Judds playlists? I need to review 'em. They aren't duplicated, but I feel like I need to check 'em and see if I need to change something to make 'em work 😉. They are the most important people of the whole 80s Country station 'cause they are one of my friend's favorite singers and I have to get 'em playing again for both of us.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm using my Roku Pandora to find stuff I need to put back in playlists and add to my 80s Country station details. If my Roku Pandora brings something back around does that mean I already have it in a playlist? I noticed it reminds that I already have it in a playlist and to take whatever I just put in out and put something else in to keep my playlist collection straight which is very helpful so I don't duplicate anymore 😉. That was super annoying when I kept duplicating. I'm taking it easy and going really slow checking stuff as I go along 'cause I had so many duplicated playlists a couple weeks ago that I finally sorted out the day before yesterday and am trying my hardest not to duplicate anymore songs or albums.

0 Kudos