Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
249 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @pw3 

Thanks for replying back with that information!

I've updated the ticket and our engineers are working towards finding a solution!

Thank you for being so patient in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

C10brink
Local Performer

What was the solution to no sound on a Samsung TV? I see a lot of comments but I don’t see a solution.

0 Kudos

thefiremeister
Underground
I have not found a solution. Pandora appears to not give a **ahem**.

David
0 Kudos

joeg4969
Local Performer

I was finally able to make Pandoro work with my Samsung TU7000 t.v.

I had to go into my router and change the DNS setting to Cloudfare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.

I also connected my wifi to the 2.4 ghz instead of the 5ghz. The T.V. kept suggesting to use the 5ghz which i was and it was causing problems.

Hope this helps out.

Joeg4969

FLYGUY
Local Performer

I have a Samsung smart TV.  Pandora stops after playing any song that is more than 5 minutes long.  It will continue only if I hit the next song button.  This has been an issue for at least 12 months.  I contacted Pandora techs but they offer no solution.

0 Kudos

oldmamallama
Local Performer

Has this issue been resolved? Most of the comments are from fall 2021. We just got a new samsung tv and we have the same problem; Pandora won't play.

0 Kudos

Marlin9199
Local Performer

@oldmamallama I am not aware that it has been resolved.  I have an Amazon Firestick and just use Pandora through that rather than directly through the TV.  It works perfectly that way on all 3 of my Samsung TVs

0 Kudos

thefiremeister
Underground

"We understand how frustrating this experience has been for you, and we wanted you to know that both the Pandora and Samsung teams are working hard to resolve the problem."

working hard???   this is total BS.  How hard can this be to fix?  Its been over a year and still can't get any music to lay on the Pandora app.

Its kinda like Pandora don't really care or  Give Sh** . 

Not a happy customer. 

0 Kudos

MarkPav
Opening Act

Same problem with no sound and no time bar advance.  I've played Pandora for 5 years and suddenly it's stopped.  I suspect Pandora won't ever work again.  I switched to Spotify on my TV.

0 Kudos

510BendOr
Local Performer

Not sure why this is still an issue 11/26/2022 but I am about to return the Dumb Smart TV

0 Kudos

OGDuchess
Local Performer

It appears Samsung & Pandora have had a year and a half since this last update to resolve this issue; however, I just purchased a new Samsung TV and installed the app yesterday and … still no dice. What’s the solution, y’all? I have a hard time believing you have this many dissatisfied folks and haven’t prioritized a fix. Looking forward to hearing the resolution. 

0 Kudos

rcd-121
Local Performer

I'm having the same issues as Nangil discribed, and I see same issues on Sirius app running on the tv. Did you ever get the issue resolved?

0 Kudos

thefiremeister
Underground
Still not working on myTV. Tried it again last week end on wifi and played 4 songs and stopped.
0 Kudos

Ecks89
Local Performer

Mine is not working as well. Have a brand new Samsung. Works on other devices Rokus etc. know it is not a network issue

0 Kudos

2MdSailors
Local Performer

Had the same issue with my Samsung 55 series 8. Went looking after only the adds on the Pandora app had sound. Nothing sound from my saved stations.

WORKING NOW!!!!!!!

Cheers,

0 Kudos

Rayhawk71
Local Performer

Does Pandora support Samsung QN55Q7DAAFXZA SmartTv QLED?

Pandora app launches but not sound & song Progression bar shows 0:00_____0:00

once in a very long while, it will play 2 song & progression bar active. Once song is over, it reverts back to no sound & inactive progression. Deleted/Uninstalled/Reinstalled numerous times & still inoperable.

0 Kudos

someotherjim
Local Performer

Add me to the list of unhappy Samsung QLED smart TV owners dissatisfied with their Pandora subscription lately. 

Every other smart TV in the house (Vizio, Sharp), tablets (Samsung), Roku, and phones (LG, Samsung/Android) play song after song without issue.  However, something changed earlier this year on this TV.  Songs WILL load and play BUT it takes 5 to 10 minutes every time ~ regardless if it is the first song after loading the app or every next song ~ it is a buzz kill. 

Guessing ~ I suspect there is a bug with security / subscription vs with ads logic.  e.g. ~ IF I click on upgrade, the screen immediately goes black and it is over = Appears to crash the app completely:  Back button will not save you but Home button will get you out and back to the Samsung Home menu.

Side note ~ When others here complain there is no sound, perhaps they being misled by the 'play/pause' status not showing as paused AND the little EQ gif that kind of misleads us into thinking a signal is actively being sent to the preamp.  Wondering if those folks have waited 10 minutes to know if a song finally will eventually start playing.

HTH

0 Kudos

stakelbr
Local Performer

Looks like I will be cancelling my subscription since Pandora seems to be either incapable of, or unwilling to fix the problem.

leanna
Local Performer

Pandora won't play on my Samsung TV more often than not.  It appears normal, the bar graph is moving, but the timeline for the song is not advancing and there is no sound.  I have logged out of Pandora and logged back in.  I have unplugged my TV.  Nothing changes.  I hold my breath when I log in because sometimes it works, but lately it more often does not.  I listen all work day on my computer at work.  I can get it to play on my phone, my home computer and my laptop.  I do have another Samsung TV that behaves this way as well.  Help!  

0 Kudos

Nylongbow
Local Performer

I’ve basically had to give up.  I believe the issue is rooted in the app and the way they are doing data calls.  I notice the app will “give up” and move to the next song again and again after 15 secs or so.  The Samsung apps are inherently slow so I’m betting this tricks Pandora into thinking it doesn’t have a quality connection. 

fortunately for me my Samsung in the LR is using a ROKu which works perfectly.  And is almost soooooo much faster when using any of the apps.  

for the bedroom I simply run pandora on my phone and it broadcasts to the tv via airplay.  Sound is exactly the same and I can control my volume on the tv from the phone.  

Honestly, this works better as we put the TV on black screen when playing music and I can still control pandora without having to take the tv out of black. Which I would do even if the tv app worked.  

just thought someone might appreciate the alternate work around ideas.