cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song does not play on smart TV.

Bobginni
Local Performer

My Pandora comes on everything works fine except getting the song to play what do I do smart TV.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bobginni I moved your post to the Other Devices space to keep the Community organized.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. To clarify, after launching the Pandora app on your Smart TV, are you unable to navigate to your collection to select a station to play?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 
  4. Lastly, what is the make and model of your Smart TV?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Ngraham27
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue! Pandora opens up and has all my playlists but will not play the music

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ngraham27 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Rosaaherrera
Local Performer

Mine is doing a similar thing. My Pandora app opens normal, I click on a playlist and it plays the first song okay but when it’s over, it stays silent and does not go onto the next song. It’s super annoying! The only workaround is clicking the back button and going to another playlist. But again only the first song plays. 
I have a Samsung smart tv with Roku app. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rosaaherrera First, let's reboot your Roku using the following steps:

• Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll to select Settings.
  • Next select System and then Power.
    • If you don't see Power, skip to the next step.
  • Finally, select System Restart.

If you still have trouble, remove the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (You can find the Remove channel option by pressing the * key on your remote while the Pandora channel is highlighted on the home screen.)

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Betterpanic
Local Performer

No error message. Listening all the time on a Vizio Smart TV. All of a sudden it will not play. It starts up fine, looks like it is playing. The little sound bar on the top right is moving as if sound was coming through. The music it self just wont play. The timing bar on the bottom does not eve start moving. It is not paused. Please help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Betterpanic! Welcome to community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble listening on your Vizio.

I recommend checking that your Vizio is up to date with the latest firmware. If an update is available, try loading Pandora after it's completed.

If you're still having trouble, we can remove your Vizio connection from your Pandora account and have you run through the set-up process again to see if that will help.

Let us know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos