cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony TV - Error Message: Internet browser will be closed due to internal issues"

scioto
Local Performer

i have a Sony TV model: KDL-55W900A and it has an integrated Pandora app within the TV. when accessing the app it loads on the TV and then the message" Internet browser will be closed due to internal issues" appears preventing access to the Pandora app that is playing in the background

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
54 Replies

Trekker45
Local Performer

The message appears before the music.  The music continues to play while the error message is displayed.  It's unacceptable.  When will you fix the app that came with my Sony Smart TV?

0 Kudos

lowhook
Local Performer

Any updates on this? We have Pandora on multiple televisions, phones, and computers. Only the Sony television continues to fail. Just so happens, that is the device we most need it to work on. Premium subscriber, unable to listen to Pandora. 😞

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lowhook I definitely understand your frustration with this.

If you continue to experience issues after running through the suggested troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided, can you please let us know your tv model and app version (if possible)?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Andyppandy
Local Performer

I have been waiting for Pandora to resolve this for months like many others. I had put up a post citing some frustration with the lack of ANY movement at all and they DELETED it. They keep putting up redundant posts saying to do all of these things which have yet to work for anyone on this forum. Unfortunately Pandora doesn’t care about resolving this. I find it incredibly hard to believe that after many months the company is “working” on it and has not shared any new developments. It’s very clear people who have Sony TVs are having an issue with Pandora working and they ask us to do all of these things but don’t do anything to help on their end. 

0 Kudos

Nvtadd
Local Performer

Same annoying issue. Please include me on any posts including a resolution.

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Nvtadd! I've add your info to our ticket. 

We'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

epfaeldan
Local Performer

I’ve same issue, try this as it worked for me. Go to home menu and open the Prime Video App and then after it opened go back to home menu and open the Pandora App

maskew6
Local Performer

I’ve been having the exact same issue on my Sony TV Bravia. The Pandora app says internet browser will be closed due to internal error, however, it will start playing music But I can’t change the station or do anything. 

I am switching to another a music provider.  Shame since I really enjoyed Pandora.

0 Kudos

Marry
Local Performer

7/22

Ihave a Sony TV model: XBR55X850B and it has an integrated Pandora app within the TV. when accessing the app it loads on the TV and then the message" Internet browser will be closed due to internal issues" appears preventing access to the Pandora app that is playing in the background-    Any corrections yet? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Marry! Thanks for posting your experience, sorry for any trouble with this.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are investigating with Sony. I've added your info to our ticket. 

Please be sure to keep an eye on this thread, I'll be making updates here as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all your patience while we investigated this issue. We've just been informed that Sony has pushed a fix for this issue to their TV's. 

We now believe this has been resolved. If you're still running into trouble, please let us know. 

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Danno5
Local Performer

I'm having this issue with my kdl-48w600b on the latest software.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Danno5 I don't actually see any Sony TV devices associated with your Pandora account.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Rhusse111
Local Performer

Hey Tanner, I just ran across this issue today.  My TV has the most recent firmware.  What’s the fix?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Rhusse111 

Welcome to community!

The original issue was on Sony's side and they pushed out a fix to all affected devices. However, this was some time ago. If you've recently run into a similar issue, it may be something new.

I'm happy to let our engineering team know. Can you let me know the the year and model of your Sony TV. Also, if you're receiving an error message, could you please include a picture.

You can include a picture here directly on community. The best way to do this is on a mobile or web browser. You won't be able to include photos through the email notification.

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos