cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony TV: Progress bar shows 0:00 but nothing plays

belovedbyHim
Local Performer

Pandora Stoped working on my Sony Brava XBR49X800D

Saturday we were enjoying listening to Pandora while working.  We got the "Are You Still Listening?" message and turned Pandora off because we were in fact getting ready to watch a movie (Coincidental Timing) We have been unable to listen to Pandora on this device ever since. 
Tried clearing cache, clearing data, uninstall & reinstall, Updated Smart TV, Checked all audio connections. restarted the router, restarted the modem, unplugged and reset the Smart TV, all without success.
It shows the Equalizer display (the sound output graph) next to the name of the song that is "Playing" but the progress bag at the bottom does not change from 0:00 and you cannot advance to the next song.  You can change the station and that will show a "New Song" is "Playing" but it doesn't actually ever play.  I have tried most all my stations without success.  It worked briefly after a Cache clearing but stopped at a minute in and hasn't worked since. Help!! What else can I try or am I stuck listening to over the air radio?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@belovedbyHim Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

belovedbyHim
Local Performer

We got it working by rebooting and unplugging every device the whole system both from the power and from each other and letting it sit for 30 minutes.  We then began slowly bringing each item back online. since everything was a "Factory Reset" we had to go slow. We started with bringing the router back up then the tv, then the reciever, each of the components for that set up and then finally logging back into each of the streaming services including Pandora.  It took nearly 2 hours.  It should not have happened.  All that changed from the night before was that we went to bed at 1am and at 9:30 am the next morning when we turned everything back on, we couldn't get any sound or for Pandora to play at all.  I didn't know that sleeping was a bad thing!

mstollman
Local Performer

PANDORA: I'm having the same problem with my Android TV on our new Sony TV (song looks like it's playing, but is not actually producing any sounds while displaying triple zeroes for song length and time of song). I've used Pandora for years and am not willing to spend 2 hours rebooting everything - if there's not a quick fix, I'll use one of the many other available apps to stream music. Please advise.

0 Kudos

MazzJohn
Local Performer

FFwd to Feb 2024 and exact same problem with my Sony Bravia. Home WiFi not the issue. Only workaround was cache clearing and that was temporary. Can Sony and Pandora play nice in the sandbox long enough to resolve this?!? Please... frustrating as #$@¥€£!

0 Kudos