cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stations get deleted when using Amazon Alexa

bandion
Local Performer

I had previously contacted Support, and had my station "Variety" restored, but the next day, it was deleted again.    I did change my password after this. 

I would like to have it restored, and also, how was it deleted?
I typically use  Alexa to listen to the station, is there any way that using this device could delete the station?  or was it someone logging into my account and manually deleting it?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bandion I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

After taking a quick glance, it appears that you are hitting the station limit, which is preventing you from keeping that Variety station in your collection.

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

You will need to delete a few of your stations that you no longer use, and then try adding the Variety station back to your collection.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to reply back to the email thread you already had open with support, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bandion I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

After taking a quick glance, it appears that you are hitting the station limit, which is preventing you from keeping that Variety station in your collection.

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

You will need to delete a few of your stations that you no longer use, and then try adding the Variety station back to your collection.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to reply back to the email thread you already had open with support, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

bandion
Local Performer

Thank you, I am going through and deleting the extra (unwanted) stations that were added.

What do I need to do to add the Variety station back?  it was on that I had created 8-9 years ago, so was fairly personalized to my music tastes...

Thanks

Carl

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bandion I had someone from our support team restore that station for you - it should now be showing in your collection.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 😎

MusicFan0031
Local Performer

thumbprint radio station was deleted

why? having to rebuild now after 3 yrs. The new playlist option is awful - already have that on iTunes and Spotify. Stop trying to be something you're not

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan0031 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like Thumbprint Radio is missing from your collection.

That being said, I reached out to our support team and they verified that Thumbprint Radio has not been deleted from your account, and you should still be able to play it.

It may help to sign out of the app/website, and then sign back in if it isn't showing there.

If that doesn't help, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

MusicFan0031
Local Performer

yes - a new thumbprint station was created 5 days ago based on me "re-liking" songs. My 3 year old thumbprint station disappeared somehow.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan0031 I think I might see what the issue is here.

Do you happen to use an Amazon Alexa enabled device to stream Pandora?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

MusicFan0031
Local Performer

yes i do, and has worked flawlessly until a few weeks ago, then the Thumbprint station disappeared 

0 Kudos

jrhamilt
Local Performer

All of the stations I really enjoy appear to be missing (our real, curated stations).  While it looks like our Amazon Echo's have created a ton of **ahem** stations that I don't care about.

Is there any way to get our old, good stations back?

John

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jrhamilt I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue - I am also including @MusicFan0031in my reply to your message.

Thanks for your patience - I reached out to some of our engineers for some clarification around this.

We have a functionality with Alexa where it will create new stations and delete the oldest ones on the account to help avoid hitting the station limit. 

Unfortunately, it seems that this feature is no longer looking at when the station was last listened to, so it's causing some trouble.

This is something they are aware of and currently working on a resolution for. 

In the meantime, if you ask Alexa for those stations, she will recreate them for you.

Thanks so much for your patience while we work to resolve this.

cabotcove
Underground

I have the same issue with Alexa and was told a while back that it may be due to reaching the station limit, but it’s not the case. Even when I have well under the station limit, playing the “shuffle” station will randomly delete other radio stations on its own, even though a new station isn’t being created. It only seems to happen with alexa. 

0 Kudos

samrbbl
Underground

Hi, one of my most used stations ("Favorites") disappeared not long ago. I don't believe there has been any unauthorized use on my account and there's no chance I deleted it intentionally, so I'm not sure what happened. It's a station I've curated over the course of several years, so if there's any way to get it back that would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samrbbl I moved your post to this thread as I believe you are running into a similar issue.

To begin, I went ahead and restored your Favorites Radio station back to your collection. 

In regards to why that station was deleted, do you happen to use an Amazon Alexa enabled device to stream Pandora?

Let me know.

samrbbl
Underground

Many thanks!! I think I've had that station for 10+ years, so I'm stoked to have it back.

Yes, I do have an Amazon Alexa connected to this account. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samrbbl Always happy to help. 😎

Enjoy the music! 

0 Kudos

samrbbl
Underground

If possible, I'd love to have my "White Mocha Christmas" station restored as well. I've unlinked my Amazon Alexa account and have started working my way through deleting any stations it created. I don't see a way to bulk delete multiple stations, so I assume they need to be deleted individually?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @samrbbl

I recovered your 'White Mocha Christmas' station, you should see it in your station list shortly. 

Unfortunately, bulk delete is currently not a feature. We do have a Feature Request for this, feel free to give it a vote: Bulk Edit/Delete Content

Let me know if you need any other stations restored. 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

samrbbl
Underground

Thank you!

KLM
Local Performer

Most of the stations I really enjoy appear to be missing (my personally curated for years stations).  While it looks like our Amazon Echo has created a ton of new stations that I don't care about.

Is there any way to get our curated stations back?

0 Kudos