cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs not syncing on Roku

lauragriffin627
Local Performer

My collection (thumbs) does not seem to be syncing up between devices anymore. I use Pandora on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 7) and on my Roku. On my phone there is the option to go into deep cuts mode and other modes (I have not been able to find this on my Roku app). So when I use my phone I have selected many more songs that I like. Now when I listen to Pandora on my phone I have a new collection for each station. However when I listen on my Roku those new songs don't come up. This has been going on for a few months. My Roku Pandora station is out of date with my Android Pandora station. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my Roku but it didn't make a difference.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @lauragriffin627! Thanks for posting. 

At this time Pandora Modes are only available on our website, mobile devices, and the Sonos app, but we have a feature request for this. Feel free to vote on this request here: Pandora Modes on Other Devices

However, any thumbs you've added on your mobile should carry over to your Roku. I checked your account and I don't see a recent device log in from your last uninstall/reinstall. 

I'm going to remove the current device association and have you log back in. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

I'd also like to check to see if there are any updates for your Roku. Please try using the steps in the following link to update your Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lauragriffin627
Local Performer

Thanks, I did the steps you suggested - making sure my Roku is up to date and logging back into Pandora. However, my playlist is still not as up-to-date as the one on my Android phone. It still seems as though the thumbs are not syncing up.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lauragriffin627! Thanks for following up and trying that out.

To investigate further, can you give me an example of a station that you're seeing this on and an example of a song that you've thumbed on your mobile that you're not seeing on your Roku?

I'll take a closer look. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lauragriffin627
Local Performer

Sure, here are some examples:

Mitis - open window

Aero chord - the sound

Crywolf - the home we made pt 2

Droeloe - kintsugi

Alex Skrindo - jumbo

Lost sky - fearless

Aero chord - drop it

Yellow claw and flux pavilion - catch me

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lauragriffin627! Thanks for the examples. Are these on a particular station? Could you give me the station name(s)?

Thanks! Happy holidays!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lauragriffin627
Local Performer

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't even see the message earlier. The station is EDM (rock).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lauragriffin627 To clarify, are these tracks you've given a Thumbs Up to on your EDM (rock) station, however they never actually play when you stream Pandora on Roku?

• Mitis - open window
  • Aero chord - the sound
  • Crywolf - the home we made pt 2
  • Droeloe - kintsugi
  • Alex Skrindo - jumbo
  • Lost sky - fearless
  • Aero chord - drop it
  • Yellow claw and flux pavilion - catch me

Or is the issue that when these songs do play when listening on your Roku device, the Thumbs Up icon is never highlighted?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

lauragriffin627
Local Performer

The issue is that they never play. Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @lauragriffin627.

I understand that it's frustrating not to hear songs that you've thumbed up on a station, but there's no way to control when or how often particular songs will play on free Pandora or Pandora Plus, so it's not possible to create a station and hear that track play right away (though it could happen by chance). Because of our licenses, we have to limit the predictability of a certain song or artist from playing on those services.

So although certain tracks may play when streaming Pandora on your phone, there is no way to tell when or if those tracks will play when streaming on your Roku device.

That said, for complete control of what you hear on Pandora, try Pandora Premium. It combines our industry leading internet radio service with on-demand listening and easy playlist generation.

Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

0 Kudos

lauragriffin627
Local Performer

I understand what you are saying, but I hear these songs frequently through my phone and even when I have listened through my Roku for over a month they never once play and I listen pretty frequently. I know that I can't select a song to play at a certain time, but I would think after listening for this long the songs would come up at some point, but they don't. It really does seem like things are not syncing up.

0 Kudos