cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whose Pandora account is my new HomePod using?

jeb60599
Local Performer

Just set up Apple Homepod.  Selected Pandora as default music service. I have had a Pandora Plus account for a long time.  When I ask Siri to Play Enya on Pandora (Enya is one of my stations) it plays, but I can't determine if it is playing from my account.  When I open Pandora app on iphone, it is showing a different song than what is playing on Homepod.  Same thing with the app on Apple TV.  So where is Homepod getting its Pandora from?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jeb60599 

When you connected your HomePod to your Pandora account through the Pandora app this enables your HomePod to access your account using voice commands only. Setting Pandora as your primary music provider let's your HomePod know that you prefer Pandora for your music streaming preference. This way you won't have to repeat  "... on Pandora," at the end of every command.

Since each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives it's own unique stream of personalized music, when you launch the Pandora app on another device, a new music stream will be begin.

At that time, you may receive a simultaneous stream warning, which will alert you that your account is playing on multiple devices at once.

It's not currently possible to view or control playback across multiple devices with the Pandora app.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @jeb60599 

When you connected your HomePod to your Pandora account through the Pandora app this enables your HomePod to access your account using voice commands only. Setting Pandora as your primary music provider let's your HomePod know that you prefer Pandora for your music streaming preference. This way you won't have to repeat  "... on Pandora," at the end of every command.

Since each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives it's own unique stream of personalized music, when you launch the Pandora app on another device, a new music stream will be begin.

At that time, you may receive a simultaneous stream warning, which will alert you that your account is playing on multiple devices at once.

It's not currently possible to view or control playback across multiple devices with the Pandora app.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport