cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
364 Replies

rileychris
Local Performer

I could use help on this as well. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rileychris. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Some users have reported that removing the connection between your Pandora account and Yamaha has helped them. I've gone ahead and removed this connection from my end. When it takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Please note that this may not happen immediately, we appreciate your patience.

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend power cycling your device by unplugging it for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!

Bfkunz
Local Performer

I am also having a problem and i've tried the steps reported (remove devices - did this several times, no change) - still getting "Access Error".  Can't "switch user", add user or remove user on the yamaha receiver either - "access error" no matter what I try.  Can you please help remove all devices (or, specifically, the yamaha receiver) from our account?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bfkunz!

I checked your account and you have successful removed all devices. Sometimes it can take a little bit of time until it actually takes affect on your account.

I would recommend power cycling your Yamaha, unplugging the device for at least 5 minutes, and then plugging it back in. Once you've powered up, try logging back into Pandora.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

atrain91us
Local Performer

Hello, I'm am not also having this same issue.   It worked fine for some time and now I get the above screen. I have logged out of all my devices that had pandora with no luck.  I have installed and uninstalled the apps (pandora and musical cast) with no luck.  Any suggestions?

2022-11-19 16.19.09.jpg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @atrain91us Welcome to community! 👋

If removing the connection didn't help, then I recommend power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then plug it back in. Try Pandora again and let me know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

122acb
Local Performer

Hello,

I am having the same issue -I don't know how to remove Yahama from my Pandora account. Can you please do this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @122acb! Welcome to community. 👋

Looks like you may have been able to remove the devices on your account. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out, though this may not happen instantaneously.

I would also recommend power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in before logging in Pandora.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

rileychris
Local Performer

Hi there. Can you remove my device association. Yamaha issues again. 

0 Kudos

kev55hen
Local Performer

Im having the same problem my music cast Yamaha receiver was working fine until recently. I tried everything. Pandora works fine on the other devices. Help please

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rileychris! Are you still having trouble? Looks like you may have been able to log in since posting.

Let me know if you still need help.

++

Hi @kev55hen!

I've gone ahead and removed your Yamaha connection from my end. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out. It may take some time for this to take affect, so please be patient.

It may also help to power cycle your Yamaha by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SDSportsAcu
Local Performer

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I've actually had this problem in the past, but typically power cycling the receiver, router, or modem would be enough to get everything working again. This time I've done all of those things multiple times as well as removing the association with my Pandora account and logging back in. This time is particularly strange, if I hard reset the Yamaha receiver it will play exactly 1 song and then go back to "Access error". It's been happening since Friday with no lasting solutions. The receiver model is RX-V673.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Wes_H
Underground

Please disassociate my Yamaha device as well. I'm able to access and listen to saved stations but the Yamaha app crashes and gives the same error when I try searching for a song/artist to create a new station. Device is Yamaha WXC-50.

Maybe adding the ability for users to self disassociate devices would be a good idea.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SDSportsAcu! Thanks for posting and sorry for the continued trouble.

Sounds like you've tried all the known troubleshooting steps. I do see a new connection on Sunday, 1/2/23 and wanted to confirm if you're still having trouble.

I can remove the connection from my end and that may be helpful, but unsure. Let me know if you'd like to try.

In the meantime, I've passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Wes_H! Thanks for posting - sorry for any trouble with your Yamaha.

Looks like you were able to log out of all devices since posting. Let me know if you're still having trouble with your Yamaha. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SDSportsAcu
Local Performer

Hi,

Thanks for following up with me so quickly. Yes, I've logged out of all
devices twice, pulled the plug on my unit for an extended period of time
before plugging it back in, power cycled the router and modem at least a
half dozen times each... and the issue persists. Sometimes it plays as many
as 3 songs in a row, but then it always goes back to "Access Error".

Thanks for your help,

*Sean Davis, M.S. L.Ac. C.SMA*

+++

I'm happy to try letting you remove the connection and see if that helps.
It's still playing one or two songs at a time and then giving us the
dreaded "Access Error" message again.

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @SDSportsAcu.

I removed your Yamaha connection from my end. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out - this may not happen immediately.

Did you mention that you tried a factory reset? Not ideal, but may help in this situation.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Wes_H
Underground

Hi Tanner. Unfortunately, logging out and back in did not solve the problem. Unlike the others, as I said earlier, I'm not having any trouble connecting to or streaming from Pandora through my device. It's the act of searching for an artist or song that causes the yamaha app to freeze up and give the "Access Error" message, which it never did before. If you would, please remove my yamaha connection on your end and I'll reestablish it to see if that fixes the issue. If not, I'll contact yamaha. Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Wes_H! Thanks for the update. I know there have been no changes on our end. Something may have changed on Yamaha's side, since you mentioned that this use to work previously.

I can pass this along to the appropriate teams for further investigation.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and removed the account connection with your Yamaha. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out - this may not be immediate, so thanks for your patience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Wes_H
Underground

Thank you. I've reconnected now, after you disassociated my Yamaha device and Pandora account. That did the trick, all is working as before.