cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

duke7211
Local Performer

Hi... Please remove all Yamaha devices from my account to try to fix access error.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

GackGack
Local Performer

Hello,  Could you please remove my Yamaha Receiver Pandora association?   My issue with Access error just started recently.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RawFlyer! Welcome to community. 

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you will automatically be logged out. 

Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @duke7211! Welcome to community. 

Consider it done! I've removed all the Yamaha connections with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. 

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @GackGack! No problem!

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

danielgyee
Local Performer

i need that reset again… is there something i can do to stop doing this every 3 days?… [email]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @danielgyee - Sorry for the continued trouble. 

Would you do me a favor and try a factory reset of your Yamaha receiver. You can find specific steps for your receiver on the Yamaha Support page. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kcarlisle01
Local Performer

Hello, I am also getting the ‘access error’ on my Yamaha system. Just started today. Would I be able to get the reset as well? Thank you!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kcarlisle01! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear that.

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out. Please log back in and let me know if you continue to have trouble.

If you continue to have trouble, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped. 

1. Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

majic6231
Local Performer

Yamaha rx-v677 won't connect 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @majic6231! Welcome to community. 👋

I moved your post over to an existing thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

Previous users you experienced the Access Error have said that removing the Yamaha connection from their Pandora account has resolved this message.

While removing the connection is not possible on your end, I am able to do this for you. Removing the connection will automatically sign you out, so you'll need to sign back in when it takes affect.

If you'd like to try this, let me know and I'll continue.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

b_ford426
Local Performer

Hello. I am having the same error as the others occur. Please remove the connection to my Yamaha receiver.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @b_ford426. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience, and sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message.

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account.  You'll automatically be logged out soon. Please log back in and let me know if you continue to have trouble.

++

If you continue to have trouble, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped with this issue. 

I hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

tonydanza
Local Performer

Same issue, Can you sign me out of my RX-V475 and all sonos devices  Thanks, Jesse

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tonydanza! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to a more recent thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error" 

Checking the Pandora account associated with your community profile, I don't see a Yamaha receiver or a Sonos device connection. The only device I see is an Android mobile phone connected in late February of this year.

Also, looks like this Pandora account was recently created and has no stations. Is it possible you have another Pandora account under a different email address? If so, please do not post that email on the community page. Let me know and I'll reach out to you in private message to follow up. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ckopix
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue.  Please advise.  RX-A1070 with latest firmware.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ckopix! Welcome to community.

I've removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same trouble.

Additionally, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped with this issue. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RawFlyer
Local Performer

Hey, my Yamaha/Pandora account locked up again, giving me the 'no access' message with no way to manually log myself out from the Yamaha screens available to me. Can you please remove my Yamaha receiver so I can reset it on the account?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RawFlyer! Sorry to hear this continues to happen.

I've removed the connection from my end. Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

I've noted with our engineering team that you continue to have trouble with this. Can you confirm if you're connected to WiFi or Ethernet cable to your ISP?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RawFlyer
Local Performer

I'm directly wired to my router which is wired to the modem. I'm not having any other connection issues with other equipment at this time.

0 Kudos