cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
364 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RamCastle5613 @EricLaw21 I do not see any Yamaha devices associated with either of your Pandora accounts.

This likely means you are logged into a different Pandora account on those devices.

I recommend contacting our support team directly and providing them with the email address associated with the Pandora account you are experiencing issues with. You can submit a message to them through our help page here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

FinkDental
Local Performer

We are having the same issue. Playing Pandora through our Yamaha Music cast and getting access and communication errors. Songs play 1/2 way through or a couple songs at a time and then silence. Hoping we could get some assistance as well!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @EricLaw21 I can remove the Yamaha association from your Pandora account and have you try to log back in to see if that will help this time around.

Since power cycling does not seem be affective, my only other suggestion would be a factory reset of the receiver.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @FinkDental Let's first start by removing the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account and have you sign back in to see if that will help.

If you're till having trouble, I would power cycle the receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then trying once more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

FinkDental
Local Performer

How to I remove the Yamaha connection from our Pandora account?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @FinkDental I've already removed your Yamaha for you from my end. It should have logged you out but if it didn't, I'd turn off your Yamaha and back on again to see if that will help push the change.

If in the future you'd like to remove all devices from your end, check out this post for specific steps.

If that still doesn't work, I think the only option would be a factory reset.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nola
Local Performer

I have a Yamaha RX-a780 and I’m receiving an “access error” message when I attempt to use pandora through the receiver. I can listen to pandora on my phone and on my pc. So this is a problem with what is happening on the receiver. I’ve powered the network on and off several times, and it is still occurring. What can be done?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nola I moved your post over to this existing thread: Yamaha Device: Message "Access Error"

I do not see any Yamaha devices associated with either of your Pandora accounts.

This likely means you are logged into a different Pandora account on those devices.

I recommend contacting our support team directly and providing them with the email address associated with the Pandora account you are experiencing issues with. You can submit a message to them through our help page here.

0 Kudos

Aural
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. I've signed out of all devices (days ago) but my Yamaha still seems to think that I'm signed in. I'm still getting the "access error" error message. Would you be able to remove the Yamaha device from my account?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Aural! I checked your Pandora account and I only see 2 devices connected. It looks like the remove all devices worked but something is stuck with your Yamaha.

Can you power cycle your device by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes and then trying again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Aural
Local Performer

Thank you sir! I unplugged it entirely for 30 seconds and now the MusicCast
app allowed me to sign back in to Pandora, instead of thinking I was still
signed in.

**edit** - I did hold the power button down for about 10 seconds or so while it was unplugged to help ensure full power drain.

So from Pandora sign out of everything, then wait the time Pandora says,
then unplug my Yamaha receiver for 30 seconds, then golden.

I appreciate you checking my account for the Yamaha and confirming it was
no longer there, as well as the suggestion that a full power down could get
that phantom sign-in out of memory.

Thank you!

TannerPandora

Success! 🙌 Glad to hear that helped, @Aural! Let me know if you run into trouble again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

122acb
Local Performer

Hello - 

I'm still showing "Access Error" when trying to play pandora through my yamaha receiver. Can someone please help me with this.. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@122acb I moved your post over to this existing thread: Yamaha Device: Message "Access Error"

I do not see any Yamaha devices associated with your Pandora account.

Did you already remove the device on your end when logged in on a computer?

If not, this likely means you are logged into a different Pandora account on that device.

I recommend contacting our support team directly and providing them with the email address associated with the Pandora account you are experiencing issues with. You can submit a message to them through our help page here.

0 Kudos

mvpetrescu
Local Performer

Another Yamaha (RX-A3070) Registration Issue - Access Error / Unable to register your system

Hello,

I noticed from previous posts that the access error associated with registering a Yamaha receiver (using MusicCast) can only be resolved by disassociating the received (my RX-A30370) only by Pandora support, before attempting to login again.

Would you mind helping with that in my account?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mvpetrescu I moved your post over to this existing thread: Yamaha Device: Message "Access Error"

I've removed the Yamaha connection from your Pandora account - can you now please sign back in to see if that will helps?

If you're till having trouble, I would power cycle the receiver by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes, then trying once more.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Family2
Local Performer

Access error on my Yamaha RX-A860, for pandora, please help. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Family2 

I've removed the Yamaha connection from your Pandora, this should automatically log you out. If not, you may want to try power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes. Once you're powered back up, try and log back into Pandora.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

PCII
Local Performer

I’m getting access error as well, can you clear my device association for my Yamaha receiver? Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @PCII! No problem. I just removed your Yamaha connection from your Pandora account. This should log you out but may take some time to take affect. If you're still having trouble, try power cycling your Yamaha by unplugging it for at least 5 minutes and then trying again. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos