cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$12.99 price point for Premium through Apple

gwenray
Local Performer

Anyone else charged $12.99 this mo for Premium? I didn't receive  anything stating the monthly price was going up. I've been paying $9.99 a mo for a couple years. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gwenray It sounds like you signed up for a Pandora Premium subscription through Apple if you were charged the $12.99 monthly rate.

Because Apple charges additional transactional fees, Pandora Premium subscriptions purchased through Apple are more expensive ($12.99/monthly) than Premium subscriptions purchased directly through Pandora ($9.99/monthly).

If you'd like to change how much you pay for Premium you'll need to cancel your subscription through Apple, wait for it to expire, and resubscribe directly through Pandora.

You can check out Apple's cancellation steps for more info on how to manage your subscription from your preferred device.

Once you start to hear ads again, you can upgrade to Premium from the Pandora website.

If you have any trouble with cancelling, please contact the Apple support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps to explain. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gwenray It sounds like you signed up for a Pandora Premium subscription through Apple if you were charged the $12.99 monthly rate.

Because Apple charges additional transactional fees, Pandora Premium subscriptions purchased through Apple are more expensive ($12.99/monthly) than Premium subscriptions purchased directly through Pandora ($9.99/monthly).

If you'd like to change how much you pay for Premium you'll need to cancel your subscription through Apple, wait for it to expire, and resubscribe directly through Pandora.

You can check out Apple's cancellation steps for more info on how to manage your subscription from your preferred device.

Once you start to hear ads again, you can upgrade to Premium from the Pandora website.

If you have any trouble with cancelling, please contact the Apple support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps to explain. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Wernerala
Local Performer

I'm wondering why when I updated my card information, I started being charged with $13 rather than the $10 I was being charged?

0 Kudos

Haverfordwest
Opening Act

@Wernerala If you upgraded through your iPhone or iPad, then you most likely did it through the App store on Apple, which charges $12.99. 

If you want the $9.99, you have to do it directly through Pandora and not Apple. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wernerala I moved your post to this thread, as I provided some helpful information explaining the pricing differences when upgrading to Premium through Apple vs. directly through Pandora in my message above.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

todds
Local Performer

I want to upgrade my account to Premium. When logged into my account it lists the price is $9.99. It tells me I need to upgrade through the app. In the app, it lists the price of $12.99>

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@todds I moved your post to this thread since it looks like you are also already signed up for Pandora Plus subscription through Apple.

For more information on why the price point for Premium is higher when upgrading through Apple, check out my message here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

RobertG
Local Performer

I want to upgrade from Pandora plus to premium. I noticed through Verizon iTunes it's 12.99 but through Pandora website it's 9.99. So I cancelled my subscription through iTunes and it expired yesterday. Now when I try and sign up through the website it says I still have a subscription with iTunes, but i don't.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RobertG I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Apple billing system, so I'm not able to tell whether you successfully disabled auto renewal. The best thing to do would be to revisit your Apple subscription page to check.

If your device is running a version older than iOS 13:

1. Visit this link, and follow the prompt to open iTunes. (If you're not already signed in to your Apple ID, you'll be prompted to log in now.)
  2. If you have more than one subscription, select your Pandora subscription from the list. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through iTunes, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  3. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection. (If it says "Select an option to resubscribe," you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  4. After making your changes, exit the iTunes Store.

If your device is running iOS 13 or newer:

1. From the home screen click on Settings.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page.
  3. Tap on Subscriptions and select Pandora. (If you don't see a subscription but you are being charged through Apple, make sure you're logged in with the correct Apple ID.)
  4. Choose your preferred subscription level, or select Cancel Subscription. You may be asked to confirm your selection.(If you don't see the Cancel Subscription option, you're already unsubscribed from your subscription.)
  5. After making your changes, press Done.

Alternatively, you could contact the Apple support team directly, and let them know that you'd like to verify that you have canceled the auto renewal on your subscription. You can contact the Apple support team here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once your subscription fully expires and you start hearing ads again, you can then resubscribe directly through the Pandora website.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

RobertG
Local Performer

0B4EB062-542C-4138-B722-5A294053CC65.png

This shows it is expired, however I'm still not getting ads. I just finished speaking with Apple support and they assure me it is not something on their end. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RobertG I would give it another day as our system is likely still catching up with the cancelation you made through Apple.

Once you start hearing ads on your account again, you can resubscribe directly through our website.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

city
Local Performer

Why is the Premium advertised for $9.99 on computer and $12.99 on my app?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @city! Thanks for posting to community. I've moved your message to an existing thread on this: $12.99 price point for Premium through Apple 

I recommend checking out @AdamPandora post here for more info on this.

Thanks again for being part of community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Alittlefield
Local Performer

I have always had the 9.99 plan and now looking at my bill it is charging me $13.80. I do not know why it has changed but even going to your site its the normal FREE>$4.99>$9.99 I have nothing special and never have, I have had pandora for years and do not know why I'm getting charged $13.80 to listen to this only for 10 min to and from work a day. If it comes to it id like to just go free and listen to crappy commercials. I'd like to know why I am getting charged more than what I have paid.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alittlefield I moved your post to this thread since your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Premium through Apple.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for information on why the price point for Pandora Premium is higher when upgrading through Apple, as well as instructions on how to cancel and resubscribe directly through Pandora at the lower rate.

Hope this helps!

Alittlefield
Local Performer

I previously had a Galaxy and Have had a I phone for over a year now. So looking at the info, I have to cancel then redo a subscription???? What happens to everything that I already have in categories etc

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alittlefield Nice to hear back from you.

How to switch over to the lower priced subscription through Pandora:

Yes - if you want to resubscribe to Pandora Premium directly through Pandora at the lower rate, you will first need to cancel your current subscription through Apple and wait for it to fully expire.

When you start hearing ads again, you can then resubscribe to Pandora Premium directly through our website at the lower rate.

What happens to collection when switching subscriptions:

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

So when you resubscribe directly through Pandora, all of your customized playlists and collected on-demand content will return as well. 

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Imyevee
Local Performer

This is the exact reason I just cancelled my subscription. I was just looking at Pandora Vs Spotify and noticed the plan I’ve been paying $12.99/mth is really $9.99 a month. I could understand maybe an additional $1 charge through ITunes but $3 is a bit much. So now my 10+ year relationship with Pandora has now come to an end

0 Kudos

rvrpvr0515
Local Performer

I received an e-mail from pandora community (pandora digest).  When I drilled down I found an upgrade price to premium for $9.99.  When I tried to upgrade, it indicated I was already a plus subscriber and had to go to my iOS app.  When i logged into my account on my phone the premium price was shown as $12.99 (???)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rvrpvr0515 I moved your post over to this existing thread: $12.99 price point for Premium through Apple

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for information on why the price point for Pandora Premium is higher when upgrading through Apple, as well as instructions on how to cancel and resubscribe directly through Pandora at the lower rate.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos