cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

Jvjohnson82
Local Performer

I am not sure where this is supposed to go but why on earth does Pandora allow ADs that talk about abortion and death penalty??? Is this supposed to be family friendly?? Does Pandora just let any AD run before vetting?? I dont care what side of the conversation you are on

Labels (1)
73 Replies

Spencerbeale
Local Performer

Advertisement - Boogieman on Children’s Lullaby

We use Pandora with advertisements for free at night for a baby lullaby station. My wife walks in and the new Boogieman movie ad is playing with someone screaming while my baby is trying to sleep.

Are you kidding me, Pandora? Do better.

Now I can't trust you.

0 Kudos

MissVao
Local Performer

How do i report this?? It was an advertisement for the bogeyman and it played in a baby station!

I walked in the room to check up on my baby and pandora was playing this bloody murder scream of an ad! That is NOT safe to children, especially a BABY.

I might be just 1 mom, but HOW MANY BABIES HAVE LISTENED TO THIS BLOODY MURDER SCREAMING???

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spencerbeale @MissVao Thank you two for reporting this.

I have passed your message along to our Ads team for further review.

In the meantime I will also be sending you a private message with additional details, so please keep an eye out for that.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about this!

0 Kudos

Sunrise11
Local Performer

I have explicit content off and I still get ads the contain cursing, which is ridiculous. Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos

emcclenn
Local Performer

Hello, I play Pandora in my classroom and have to quickly mute it when the "Wheatley American Vodka" ad comes on. It'd be awesome if there was a way to censor ads like this that aren't appropriate for certain ages (or when people who don't consume alcohol are listening). 

@AdamPandora , @AlyssaPandora 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emcclenn I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

Blocking explicit ads on your account:

I do see you recently upgraded to Pandora Premium - doing so will prevent all ads from playing on your account, so that will immediately resolve the issue for you.

However, if you ever revert back to an ad-supported account, I recommend restricting Pandora from playing songs with explicit content. When you do that, you not only remove songs with explicit lyrical content, you also remove some ads that are not intended for people who have demonstrated an aversion to explicit content. As a result, this option may remove some advertisements that might offend you.

To disable explicit content from our website on a computer, click the icon (initial or picture) on the top right corner of the page, select Settings, and then Content Settings.

There, you should see an Explicit Content toggle, which indicates whether you would like to allow explicit content or not. Set this to Off.

Playing Pandora in a classroom setting:

As a general rule, any time you play music in a public place, you must have the proper licenses and pay the required royalties. This license requirement helps fairly compensate artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightholders. Pandora is only authorized to grant you a license to use the Pandora service for personal non-commercial purposes, as stated in our terms of use.

However, under the U.S. Copyright Act, the performance or display of a work by instructors or pupils in the course of face-to-face teaching activities of a nonprofit educational institution may, in certain, limited circumstances, be exempt from certain license requirements. You should consult the venue in which you are speaking, the institution which is conducting or sponsoring the conference or workshop, or your own attorney for advice on whether your use of the Pandora service might qualify under this or some other exception to the licensing requirements of the U.S. Copyright Act.

Use of Pandora in a commercial setting is also available via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more about this or to sign up, please visit their website.

0 Kudos

Bookackhannah
Local Performer

Butt Naked Ad

I have to stop listening until this awful ad is no longer on Pandora. Plus it plays at least 5 times every 30 minutes. I have young grandkids and it's so awkward when I have them and their friends around. 

Moderator Edit: Format

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bookackhannah I recommend restricting Pandora from playing songs with explicit content. When you do that, you not only remove songs with explicit lyrical content, you also remove some ads that are not intended for people who have demonstrated an aversion to explicit content. As a result, this option may remove some advertisements that might offend you.

To disable explicit content from our website on a computer, click the icon (initial or picture) on the top right corner of the page, select Settings, and then Content Settings.

There, you should see an Explicit Content toggle, which indicates whether you would like to allow explicit content or not. Set this to Off.

Let me know if any other explicit ads continue to play on your account after making this change.

0 Kudos

pgb0517
Local Performer

Alcohol, abortion, scary movie ads

Any way to restrict inappropriate ads? I only listen to uplifting Christian music and I don’t mind ads. But I do NOT want morally objectionable and adults-only ads. My grandkids are sometimes in the car. You don’t run tobacco ads so far as I know. And probably not guns. So why the rest? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pgb0517 I do see you have your explicit filter enabled, so that should prevent those types of ads from playing on your account.

The next time an alcohol, abortion, or scary movie ad plays on your account, can you please reply to this thread with:

• a screenshot of the ad
  • the date and time the ad played

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

GenreLeap
Local Performer

I also support this motion. I usually play Pandora while playing certain games, which my young children enjoy watching with me. I have explicit content turned off, and yet I still get ads with Ryan Reynolds dropping F-bombs and creepy diaper ads rapping about infant genitals. Surely Pandora can do better and be like every other platform that lets you tailor your ads by upvoting/downvoting? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GenreLeap I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

I do see you have your explicit filter enabled, so that should prevent those types of ads from playing on your account.

The next time either of those ads plays on your account, can you please reply to this thread with:

• a screenshot of the ad
  • the date and time the ad played

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

GenreLeap
Local Performer

Unfortunately there's nothing that can be gleaned from a screenshot. It's just a black screen and the word "ADVERTISEMENT" while audio plays. No brand logos, no links, no way of telling what ad was playing if you didn't hear the audio yourself. In this case it was Ryan Renyolds for Mint Mobile, letting off a long string of poorly-censored profanity. This occurred 1545hrs Mountain Time this day the 25th of March (The Year of Our Lord 2024).

Screenshot 2024-03-25 154513.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GenreLeap Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

I have passed your message along to our Ads team for further review.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us about this!

0 Kudos