cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Political Ads

Uncognitozzz
Local Performer

Remove Sleep Joe Biden Ads or i will stop using.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Perhaps the best place to start is to tell you that, like virtually all media outlets, the advertising content on Pandora does not represent an endorsement of any kind on our part. We realize the prominent placement of many of our ads may give the impression that Pandora somehow endorses the product, issue, candidate, etc. but we do not.

We recognize that certain material is sensitive ground, so we do our best to preserve the listening experience. All of our ads are thoughtfully vetted by folks across various teams at Pandora, to ensure they are free from speech or content that is hateful, illegal, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate or unfair. While we respect the perspective of each individual, and while there are occasional judgment calls still required, we feel strongly that our advertising platform should not be in the business of censoring.

You might also consider upgrading to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium. These are our advertising-free subscriptions, which also offer a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

For instance, Pandora Plus includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

Thanks for listening to Pandora, and thanks again for taking the time to write us - it means a lot that you care enough to speak up. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies

AdamPandora

Perhaps the best place to start is to tell you that, like virtually all media outlets, the advertising content on Pandora does not represent an endorsement of any kind on our part. We realize the prominent placement of many of our ads may give the impression that Pandora somehow endorses the product, issue, candidate, etc. but we do not.

We recognize that certain material is sensitive ground, so we do our best to preserve the listening experience. All of our ads are thoughtfully vetted by folks across various teams at Pandora, to ensure they are free from speech or content that is hateful, illegal, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate or unfair. While we respect the perspective of each individual, and while there are occasional judgment calls still required, we feel strongly that our advertising platform should not be in the business of censoring.

You might also consider upgrading to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium. These are our advertising-free subscriptions, which also offer a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

For instance, Pandora Plus includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

Thanks for listening to Pandora, and thanks again for taking the time to write us - it means a lot that you care enough to speak up. 

0 Kudos

BearMistress
Local Performer

It just seems that accepting as an advertiser someone dancing around the edges of treason is certainly taking a stand. 

Lindarudio
Local Performer

Ad against democrats

Anyone else tired of hear the commercial where the woman states that becoming a mother was the best thing she ever did?

stvntaylor
Local Performer

The ad in Nevada on abortion that Joe Biden supports is misinformation.  The woman in the ad states she needs to leave the state to have an abortion... that is incorrect.  And then it states Joe supports this.  This needs to be taken sown as it is incorrect and election interference....  come on Pandora, you can do better than that.

beefrits
Local Performer

The political ad running currently (6/24) that runs down what the ad calls the "MAGA Supreme Court" is offensive to this independent voter.  Regardless of one's affiliation, this ad distorts, villainizes, and spreads outright lies about the Court and its decisions.  If the Supreme Court bases its decision on the Constitution, then its decision should be respected.  One does not have to agree with it, but to spread falsehoods and political poison is just wrong.  Please remove this piece of vitriol.

smmirish1
Local Performer

The ad that calls Trump supporters "white supremacists" should not be allowed. That is not political campaigning, and it's driving me away from my favorite music sight.

Mikep280
Underground

Can you opt out of political ads? I haven’t used pandora in a while and was shocked to hear these types of ads. I don’t want that forced upon me and I’m sure a lot of other users feel the same. Until it’s resolved I’m out. 

Dhalle2
Local Performer

Just stop allowing any political ads on the platform.  Easy fix for pandora.  The political ads are very annoying.  You can find better as revenue elsewhere.  Stop all political ads.

Anni3
Local Performer

"We recognize that certain material is sensitive ground, so we do our best to preserve the listening experience. All of our ads are thoughtfully vetted by folks across various teams at Pandora, to ensure they are free from speech or content that is hateful, illegal, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate or unfair. While we respect the perspective of each individual, and while there are occasional judgment calls still required, we feel strongly that our advertising platform should not be in the business of censoring."

It certainly feels like Pandora is in the business of censoring. I have noticed that there are only Kamala Harris ads coming up for my account.  I have yet to hear one regarding Trump.  I am disappointed that not only can I not choose ads to hear, I am forced to listen to something I strongly disagree with. There should always be room for different opinions and viewpoints. I would expect your platform to be better. I will delete my account if I don't see any changes soon. Other platforms that I use to listen to music at least give me the option to choose. 

DennisL
Local Performer

I posted a response and was quickly went against the policies set forth by this Music app,so.....why do you hear commercials with ONLY  the current V.P. and no other candidates?this the same as YouTube.

Jannhoman
Local Performer

I keep hearing the ad I’m going to vote for Harris because Trump is a criminal. Pandora better take this ad off or I will never support them again! Keep Politics off Pandora! Even being a Trump supporter. I’m fine with not having political ads on the ONE thing I like to listen to, to escape everything else in the world going on. 

Mikep280
Underground

America needs to realize as a group we have the power to sway how corporations behave. Just stop giving your time and/or money to them. 

0 Kudos

Lizard
Underground

I use Pandora because I love music. Period!  Politics serves one purpose to divide people.  Politics has destroyed relationships between families, friends, coworkers and acquaintances.  Politics does not mix at all with Music.  In my opinion politics is and always has been the root of all evil.  Pandora why do you promote political propaganda?  Yeah, you are for profit but do you love mankind or hate mankind?  If you truly love Music and love the people who use pandora you would defund all political propaganda and advertisements and chose to unite your community. 

Theembalmer666
Local Performer

Why are you favoring one Presidential candidate over the other when choosing which ads to run?

I don’t have to say who!

Also, why are you running political ads in the first place?

my idea… NO POLITICAL ADS.

0 Kudos

Tmanfl88
Local Performer

Pandora really needs to stop allowing some of the absolute garbage ads they play. This Milk isn't inclusive and racist ad has to be a mistake right?

0 Kudos

Trevor1
On the Rise

Those ads are allowing you to listen for free. If you want Pandora to provide you a free option, you should be happy with whoever is paying them to allow you listen for free. If you want to avoid the ads you don’t like, pay for a subscription. 

0 Kudos

Tony409
Local Performer

All the political advertisements I hear on pandora are pro Harris.

Am I missing the pro Trump?

just wondering? Is all

Edent
Local Performer

I used to have pandora plus, but since Bidenomics, I had to cancel. I’m deleting the app completely because of the catering to the left and supporting Harris. Bye

GreatJuan
Underground

Leaving Pandora because of political ads spam.

As title claims, goodbye.  Almost 20 years using Pandora, can't stand the political ad spam anymore.  Stop spreading hate.

0 Kudos