cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Religious Ads

scottdfan
Underground

I am a subscriber and have been for a LOOOONG time, so I don't have her issue.

She, however, listens on the free service.  I have offered to expand my subscription to a family plan, so she can listen commercial free, but she insists she doesn't mind ads.

Until the last few days.  She has been innundated with some nonsensical ad about scientology and unfortunately, there is no way to say "I don't want to hear this ad again".

Is there some way I don't see to take this ad out of the rotation, as she shut down Pandora tonight and said, I am done with Pandora, so I offered to do some research and see how to get rid of this ad.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@strusty8 @scottdfan @Evrilfox Thanks for writing in and sharing your thoughts. You are a valuable part of our listening audience, and we do respect your opinion.

We do our best to balance valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Each ad is carefully vetted and we only feature ads that meet our guidelines.

We also hope you understand that occasionally there will be ads delivered to a wide audience at the request of the advertiser that may not be relevant to each listener who receives them.

Pandora incurs substantial costs in licensing and streaming for every song it plays. In order to provide this service free to listeners, we need to generate enough advertising revenue to cover our costs. Simply put: no ads, no Pandora.

However, you might consider subscribing to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, our advertising-free options with other benefits you might find attractive. You can find more information about the benefits and pricing here.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue enjoying and listening to Pandora.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Evrilfox
Local Performer

I feel the same way when I just was forced to listen to an ad from "needhim.com" I get it christianity is a major religion in the states however it is not mine. Being forced to listen to how god and jesus will save you isnt my jam as I'm buddhist. Back to amazon music I go!

strusty8
Local Performer

I have no problem hearing ads as I understand Pandora needs to make money, but the ad from needhim.com was really offensive to me. I don't need to have my workday interrupted by someone imploring me to speak with available christians about how much god loves me. 

Is there a way to block ads without upgrading? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@strusty8 @scottdfan @Evrilfox Thanks for writing in and sharing your thoughts. You are a valuable part of our listening audience, and we do respect your opinion.

We do our best to balance valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Each ad is carefully vetted and we only feature ads that meet our guidelines.

We also hope you understand that occasionally there will be ads delivered to a wide audience at the request of the advertiser that may not be relevant to each listener who receives them.

Pandora incurs substantial costs in licensing and streaming for every song it plays. In order to provide this service free to listeners, we need to generate enough advertising revenue to cover our costs. Simply put: no ads, no Pandora.

However, you might consider subscribing to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, our advertising-free options with other benefits you might find attractive. You can find more information about the benefits and pricing here.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue enjoying and listening to Pandora.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Smoke0068
Local Performer

I agree with these other comments the Christian ads are offensive. Many free services have ad feedback so you can filter out ads by labeling them; not relevant, not interesting, or offensive. This by no means gets rid of ads from the services and would allow for better more relevant marketing to both Pandora's customers and Pandora's advertisers. It only makes sense to add that feature for us.

GzusSaves
Local Performer

I'm sorry to hear you've decided against accepting/believing a creator. I believe you have the right to choose your own belief/fate as do I. As for ads, I also think we should be able to inform the advertiser/AP of our dislike and/or interest of an ad

0 Kudos

GzusSaves
Local Performer

I feel terrible that you find it offensive that you are told you are loved, forgiven and accepted for who you are. I accept you do not appreciate this message but I wonder what it's like to not want to feel loved, accepted, and appreciated. Confused as I have not found a single soul that is looking for those things.

0 Kudos

Slipstick
Underground

I agree.  There are a LOT of advertisers and propaganda out there.  If we can mark songs as "I am tired of this song" because it is being overplayed, we should be able to mark an ad as "I am tired of this ad" to take it out of the rotation.  To keep people from abusing the privilege, perhaps allowing them to mark maybe half a dozen as such before getting a pop-up suggesting that they upgrade to a commercial free account. 

Should I need to hear the exact same ad EVERY commercial break?

Makes me wish that I wasn't an unpaid healthcare worker so I could afford to go commercial free.  I might just take up pan-handling so I don't have to listen to the same ads all the time.

Jonfab
Local Performer

Since i am force to listen Jesus ads ...hegetsus.com I am deleting Pandora.

StopBadAds
Local Performer

Pandora has sold ad space to a religious extremist company masquerading as christians with a persecution complex. These ads deeply offend me, and I close out of Pandora every time I hear them to switch to Spotify. I do not - and will not - support Pandora selling ad space to this immoral company proselytizing these awful beliefs.

hithere1
Local Performer

Never play ads from “He gets us” again. Jesus as a victim of cancel culture, that’s rich. You play it for me again, I stop listening. I will certainly NOT be upgrading unless you give subscribers an option of letting you know when ads aren’t relevant to them.

Godstatz
Local Performer

Because no more can u buy it from actual prision mates facility 

0 Kudos