cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Helbringer
Underground

Pandora loses listeners due to the constant ads i mean i paid for the service once and made a mistake and emptied my bank account before pandora pulled their payment out and it bounced the **ahem** out of my account so i cancelled but i like pandora i listen to it daily but what i noticed is it's like they are pushing subscriptions by adding more and more ads and what i mean is this morning i turned it on to get ready to leave and i logged on to a ad but oh well who cares right an after a song started i was like ok cool then after 1 song i get 2 more ads now that's 3 ads in a 7min period and then i got more music but after 2 song's i get 2 more ads so now it's gotten to the point that it's out of control and soon i will be changing platforms now don't get me wrong i don't want to leave but when there are more ads then music itself it's time to leave but i will stick around longer till i get completely fed up

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
49 Replies

ffsbox2005
Local Performer

I seem to be encountering way more ads than usual sometimes it plays an ad every other song that's annoying

0 Kudos

Grahf420
Local Performer

Pandora has lost me as a customer due to the ads. No one should have to view ads if they don’t want to. There is a United States Supreme Court case supporting this. The fact your app stops ad blockers from blocking your ads is unconstitutional. And against Supreme Court rulings. Stop the ads. Block the ads.

0 Kudos

arivard295
Underground

Why does skipping a song usually result in listening to an advertisement?? Seems like a ploy to get more ads in... And does it also have some correlation that doesn't let you get ads with hour free listening? Or should we just use Spotify? 

Did pandora do away with the Ad prompts for commercial free hours?? If so I guess I'll have to just close the ap and reopen it everything I don't want to listen to an advertisement 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Angryuser1
Local Performer

No joke, I’ve been getting 1 ad for every song. I’ve been listening for 25 minutes, got 6 songs, 7 ads. No skipping, no thumbs up or down. Only playing one station. This is ridiculous. It’s unlistenable. The radio is better than this garbage. The ad to songs ratio is way off. I’m going to have to walk away from Pandora at this point.

0 Kudos

johnbit
Underground

Not sure who's bright idea having ads every 10 minutes was, but trust me that it will backfire.  I didn't mind the ads for freemium as long as it was a fair value trade.  At this point it's getting close to music/ad parity.  It's too much.  I'm finding another provider.  

0 Kudos

UrComrclsellout
Local Performer
  • It's really a shame pandora has become a commercial SELL OUT!  Dbag Co. now.
0 Kudos

BunniesLair
Local Performer

I do not mind listening to ads. But the last two days I have listened to Pandora, I hear 2 songs, and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial. 2 Songs and a Tide Commercial.

^^^^ Do you see how annoying that is. Imagine listening to it.  I have had a Pandora account for over a decade. But I am ready to let it go and do youtube playlists instead. Who would have ever thought Youtube ads would be preferable? 

moridin6
Local Performer

Open pandora, first thing that plays is an AD.

Close pandora.

Don't open pandora again when so many other choices are available that will at Least let me hear A song.

Terrible service.

Not to mention 90 percent of the ads are for Your premium.

Why would I support you?

0 Kudos

Sparty60
Local Performer

The solution is to move over to Spotify, ads every 30 minutes, not every other selection, Pandora has stooped to a loser app, whoever made this decision should be fired on the spot. Shame on Pandora!!!

0 Kudos

NotATidePod
Local Performer

This is EXACTLY why I went through the bother of entering this community, to see if there was any insight into avoiding this.  Nope.  Proctor & Gamble is spending a fortune on Pandora.  If it's not the "beep big bargain detergent jug" it's the Gain Flings, Gain Scent Beads, Downy Rinse & Refresh, Bounce dryer sheets literally AD NAUSEUM.  And since they play it so much, we notice that a few months ago we were asked if we know that big bargain detergent jug was 85% water... apparently the "leading brand" lawyers threatened P&G because lately it's only 80% water. Please for the love of GOD Pandora at least let us choose to shut an advertiser up after we've heard every one of their ads for the four hundredth time; let us choose to be verbally assaulted by some different entity.  Oh... and which genius at Pandora thought it was a good idea to play an ad as soon as I click Play?  Does it not occur to you that my finger is near the mute button? And now that I've spent a little time here, I realize that to upgrade is not an option, because Pandora will either continue to feed me ads, or will never cease charging my card until I cancel my card account.  Free is NOT free.

0 Kudos