why do i hear stupid ads that are weird plz fix

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jordan2500 We do our best to balance valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Each ad is carefully vetted and we only feature ads that meet our guidelines.

Occasionally there will be ads delivered to a wide audience at the request of the advertiser that may not be relevant to each listener who receives them.

Pandora incurs substantial costs in licensing and streaming for every song it plays. In order to provide this service free to listeners, we need to generate enough advertising revenue to cover our costs.

You might consider subscribing to one of our advertising-free options. You can find more information about the additional benefits and pricing on the Pandora website.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jordan2500 We do our best to balance valuable ad space and the integrity of the listening experience. Each ad is carefully vetted and we only feature ads that meet our guidelines.

Occasionally there will be ads delivered to a wide audience at the request of the advertiser that may not be relevant to each listener who receives them.

Pandora incurs substantial costs in licensing and streaming for every song it plays. In order to provide this service free to listeners, we need to generate enough advertising revenue to cover our costs.

You might consider subscribing to one of our advertising-free options. You can find more information about the additional benefits and pricing on the Pandora website.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

aquaross2
Local Performer

I am bothered by your ad interruptions, I will use you less.

0 Kudos

honest-reviewer
Local Performer

I totally get Pandora's need for advertising...I mean, I'm not stupid. But does Pandora know that every time an ad comes on during my listening session I immediately and religiously press the mute button? And therefore I never have to be subjected to an obnoxious,  in-your-face, glaring ad EVER? We have a choice. But is it the right choice?

0 Kudos

mephisto999
Local Performer

noticed  advertisement art now covers album art. pathetic.

0 Kudos

Catfish78
Local Performer

Does Pandora deliberately seek out advertising that is inane, obnoxious or downright disgusting in order to push people into getting a subscription?

Speedcuber
Diamond in the Rough

Seems like it sometimes but I don't know.

0 Kudos