cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added to a family plan but still hearing ads

Gringolin
Local Performer

I have not used Pandora for a few years but my sis had her husband set me up on their Family Premium plan since they had only used two slots.  

Is it normal that I still get ads?  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

Chelbo2u
Local Performer

I upgraded from a premium account to a family plan. My husband has been using a free account on his phone. I sent him an invite which he accepted. The problem is the app on his phone hasn't upgraded. I've tried sending him another invite, but it shows that he's already on the family plan. I tried  uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't help. So, where do I go from here?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chelbo2u While I do see you sent out an invitation, it doesn't look like that invitation was accepted yet.

I've gone ahead and accepted the invitation on my end, so that account should now be able to enjoy the benefits of Pandora Premium.

If they continue to run into issues, please have them sign out, and then sign back in using the email address you sent the invitation to.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Egreen1
Local Performer

My husband added me as a family member on the family plan but I still receive ads on my account. I even deleted by account and rejoined through the family plan invite link. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Egreen1 Since your husband is the main account holder of the Premium Family plan, please have him contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

menapears
Local Performer

my husband was using a free account and after i upgraded to the premium family plan and invited him, he is still getting ads.  my understanding is that he should not be hearing ads when using pandora.  

what needs to be done to resolve this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @menapears 

I checked your Family Plan account and I can confirm that both invitations have been sent out.

I did notice the email address starting with mbmena****@*****.com has no device associated with it and no listening history. If this is your husbands account it doesn't appear to have been used.

In the meantime, can you tell me a little more about the device he's using when listening, is this in-home, mobile or web?

If this is happening with an in-home device, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are hearing? Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos