cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted charge when starting 60 day trial

mmmmokay
Local Performer

I have a brand-new Pandora account. I would like to try the 60 days of Pandora Premium for free, but when I put in my payment information it insists there is "something wrong" with it. I triple checked my debit card information; it's all correct. The only thing I can think of is, right now, I do not have the funds for the subscription in my account (yeah- I know. "It's only $10!" You might say, but hey - there's still a few more days until pay day and I just started a new job that Pandora offline would be really great to have.) 

Anyway- is this standard practice for your company to try to take funds or "put funds on hold" before the agreed upon moment of withdrawal? I understand matching cardholder information, but the rest is kind of odd. And I did try Paypal as well- same thing. Paypal claims that Pandora is immediately trying to charge me $9.99 and that I should "check with my card issuer" because my funds aren't there. (Well, yeah. I didn't want funds to go out until my 60 day trial was up.)

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmmmokay I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmmmokay I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

squirrel430
Local Performer

I am having this EXACT same issue!!!! I signed up for a 90 free trial and I was immediately charged the $10... literally MY LAST $10!!!!!! Like I thought this was supposed to be a FREE trial... If I knew I was going to be charged as soon as I signed up for the first time I would have NEVER even tried!!! This is absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional!! Its theft and false advertising!!! b

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@squirrel430 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos

Blueponycar
Local Performer

I was also charged the $9.99 right away it’s pending will the charge drop? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blueponycar I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos

jiminluver
Local Performer

Pandora is doing that to me too. Trying to charge me while claiming I have a 90 day free trial! WTH

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jiminluver I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos

AmberDanielle
Underground

Hi everyone! They should warn you that they do a temporary hold, however the charge is no longer there the next day. You should no longer see the charge in your bank account or PayPal account at all. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AmberDanielle I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

AmberDanielle
Underground

Thank you so much!!! I just checked my bank account, and the charge is no longer there at all not even a record of it, so I believe it’s just a temporary hold. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I appreciate your time!!!!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AmberDanielle Thanks for the update and for letting us know.

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos