cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Apple - Switch to military plan

carrie55
Local Performer

Don’t know how to get verified for military discount. Went to sheer ID site and makes no sense. Nothing to click on to get verified. Do I have to do that?

what are the steps I need to take to get discount. Waiting until September 7 for  subscription to run out first.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@carrie55 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Apple.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the military rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@carrie55 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Apple.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Military, you'd need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire. You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can apply for the military rate from our website.

Please keep in mind that once you've successfully upgraded to this reduced rate, your account will no longer be eligible for any additional trial offers.  The balance of any prior offers you accepted (such as a free trial) will be forfeited and you will immediately be charged for your new subscription.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

0 Kudos

judbutt505
Local Performer

I would like to change my current subscription to the military one. please tell me how to cancel it. How long does it take to cancel my current subscription?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@judbutt505 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Apple - Switch to military plan

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Apple.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

judbutt505
Local Performer
I have decided to close the account I presently have with you and open a military account. Your web site said I had to close my current account which I have by closing the amount you get from PayPal. If you want you can open a military account right now. I will pay you directly from my credit card or however you want to do it. It seemed unnecessary by you saying I had to close my current account instead of me changing the amount through Paypal.
Judson Butterman
judbutt505@aol.com
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@judbutt505 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Apple - Switch to military plan

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Apple.

To clarify, it isn't necessary to close your account and open a new one in order to sign up for the Military plan.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Student or Military plan is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., Apple or Google Play).

I hope this helps!

RobertK1
Local Performer
  1. My subscription from iTunes ended yesterday. I would like to get Pandora premium with the Veterans discount. What must I do?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RobertK1 Nice to see you around the Community.

You can apply for the military rate from our website.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

0 Kudos

bevo7
Local Performer

So I currently have a Pandora Plus subscription via iTunes.  

I would like to upgrade to Premium Military Plan but it's not offered via iTunes but is thru Pandora directly. Upgrade to Premium is offered but it's $5. more than directly thru Pandora.  Not sure why other than Apple wants their cut.

The response at selection/upgrade time stated I had to Cancel my iTunes Subscription or let it expire then purchase via Pandora directly.

My questions are these:

1. Does my account id with all my current music collections get deleted when I cancel?

2. How can I prevent this?

3. What's my best procedure to follow to maintain all my collections and history?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bevo7 Canceling your subscription through Apple, and resubscribing to Pandora Premium Military through our website will not result in the loss of any of your collections and history.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to switch to the Pandora Premium Military plan.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

Rossop
Local Performer

I currently have pandora plus thru apple and am eligible for and want to switch to pandora premium for military. How do I do that?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Rossop. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and for your service to our country. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Apple - Switch to military plan

Canceling through Apple:

That being said, you would need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire.

You can find steps to cancel your current subscription here.

Resubscribing to Military Plan through our website:

If you need further assistance with your account, our support team is happy to help here: Email Us

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos