cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged while on 6-month trial of Pandora Premium

60ring66
Local Performer

I just tried to upgrade to Premium.  It supposedly includes 6 months of free Premium service starting today and ending in June, when I would be billed for the year.   The billing page said that my Plus subscription would renew in March and I would then be billed for another year of Plus and that I would also be billed three months later in June for the full year of Premium.  This makes no sense.  If I upgraded my sub why would I be charged for the lower service again?!!?  So I cancelled the Premium and WILL NOT upgrade if you are going to be billing me in this way.  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @60ring66. 👋

Thanks for your post about this. 

Pandora Plus annual subscribers who haven't yet received a Pandora Premium trial are eligible for six months of Premium at the cost of Plus.

As long as you cancel your trial before the six months are over, you will not be charged for Pandora Premium and you can continue to enjoy your Pandora Plus benefits for the remainder of the year.

However, if you don't cancel your trial, your account will automatically convert to a Pandora Premium subscription. We will reset your subscription's expiration date, and charge you a prorated amount for a year of Premium.

This prorated amount is calculated by considering how much Pandora Plus time you've already paid for when your Pandora Premium trial transitions to a normal Pandora Premium subscription. We take the total cost of those forfeited months and subtract it from the normal Premium rate of $109.89/annually.

Should you decide to continue your annual subscription in following years, you'll be charged the standard Pandora Premium rate of $109.89.

Please note: if your annual renewal date for Pandora Plus falls within this six month trial period, you'll still be charged to renew your Pandora Plus subscription.

++

In the meantime, I checked in with our User Support team about this and we received your email. Someone will reach out to you shortly via email regarding your account status. 

Thanks for your patience during this process!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Jake6984
Local Performer

I have the same problem. Will somebody contact me about the plus and premium double charging issue?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jake6984 I had someone from our support team take a look and it does appear you recently signed up for the 6-month trial of Pandora Premium at the cost of Pandora Plus.

When you signed up for our six month trial of Pandora Premium at no additional cost, you did not actually have six months left on your paid Plus subscription.

Since an active Plus subscription is required in order to continue to receive Premium at the Plus rate, we will renew your regular Plus subscription on your regular billing date, even though you were still enjoying the benefits of Premium.

Despite this charge, you'll still have access to Premium features for the remainder of your six month trial. At the end of the six month trial you'll be charged a prorated amount for your continued Premium subscription.

This prorated amount is calculated by considering how many months of Plus you will forfeit when your Premium trial transitions to a normal Premium subscription. We take the total cost of those forfeited months and subtract it from the normal Premium rate of $109.89. Should you decide to continue your annual subscription in following years, you'll be charged the standard Premium rate.

I hope this helps to clarify things a bit. If you'd prefer to cancel your trial completely or return to Plus at the end of the six months, just let me know. To view all of your options personally, make sure you are logged into your Pandora account and visit this link from a computer.

Just click Switch Plans to see your options and to make changes.

Thanks again for reaching out.

0 Kudos