cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Billed - Switch from Plus to Premium

Michaelmidgett
Local Performer

I'd like to upgrade from plus to premium but I don't have access to a computer.

will I receive credit for what I paid for plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sportsfreek I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

I do see you were already able to upgrade to Pandora Premium. 

When you switched to Premium, we prorated the cost of Pandora Premium (normally $9.99/month or $109.89/year plus any applicable taxes) to reflect the subscription period you'd already paid for.

Hope this helps clarify. 😄

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Michaelmidgett Since you initially upgraded to Pandora Plus through our website, it’s not possible to switch to Pandora Premium on a mobile device.

I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as I’m sure a lot of folks would be interested in that capability.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current options in switching to Pandora Premium: 

1. If you are able to gain access to a computer, you can visit this upgrade page and select Get Premium.
    • Please also keep in mind that we’ll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you’ve already paid for.
  2. I can put you in contact with our support team directly, and they can help assist you on their end in getting you set up with Pandora Premium.

Let me know what works best for you. 

0 Kudos

sportsfreek
Local Performer

Hello Everyone,

My account was just charged for the agreed upon "Plus".  However, I feel "Premium would be more beneficial to my listening needs.  Will the charge be applied to the premium contract or will I be charged in full?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sportsfreek I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

I do see you were already able to upgrade to Pandora Premium. 

When you switched to Premium, we prorated the cost of Pandora Premium (normally $9.99/month or $109.89/year plus any applicable taxes) to reflect the subscription period you'd already paid for.

Hope this helps clarify. 😄

0 Kudos

Tcspies
Local Performer

I payed for the full year of pandora plus back in December but I really want to make playlists. If I cancel the Plus subscription Will I get a refund of the remaining months that I can put towards a premium membership? Alternatively can I get a discounted upgrade since I’ve payed some already?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Tcspies!

When you upgrade from an annual subscription of Plus to an annual subscription of Premium, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Premium payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

If you're ready to upgrade, please click here

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

s4s4u
Local Performer

So, in a related situation.  I received an email to upgrade to premium free for 6 months but when I try it is making a new account with new billing info and trying to charge me $2.43 or something.  I don't want to change my billing and I don't want to start over.  What gives?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@s4s4u As long as you are already logged into your upgraded account, you should be able to take advantage of the trial that was offered to you.

To upgrade, visit this upgrade page from a computer (not a mobile device) and select Get Premium.

Of course, if you've already been billed for this month's Pandora Plus subscription, you'll be charged a prorated amount for the first month of the new subscription. That way you still receive credit for the unused portion of your Pandora Plus subscription.

In the meantime, I will also have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help you through this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

s4s4u
Local Performer

So just to be clear.  Upgrading will restart my subscription date to the current date and I will be pro-rated for the balance due.  I will not lose my music current collection if I upgrade, right?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@s4s4u That is correct! 

After you upgrade, you can also view your new renewal date by navigating to your subscription settings here

Additionally, you will not lose your collection as a result of upgrading to Pandora Premium.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back to the last email our support team sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

Jean3
Underground

I think I would like to upgrade to premium

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jean3 To view your subscription options and upgrade to Pandora Premium, visit the Pandora website.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jean3
Underground
Basically what is the difference between plus and premium
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Jean3. 👋

I'm happy to help explain the differences between Pandora Plus and Premium.

With Plus, you get:

• Ad-free personalized stations

• Unlimited skips

• The ability to replay songs

• The option to download radio stations for offline listening

A Plus subscription is $4.99 USD monthly or $54.89 annually.*

On the other hand, Premium subscribers receive all the same benefits, as well as: 

• Listen to songs or albums on-demand

• Create custom playlists

• Download songs, albums or playlists for offline listening

• Access Higher Quality Audio

• Queue content to keep the music playing

A Premium subscription is $9.99 USD monthly or $109.89 annually when purchased directly through Pandora.*

You can find out more about our subscription offerings here: Pandora Subscriptions

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Jean3
Underground
THANK YOU! I would like to do Plus
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jean3!!

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to upgrade to an annual subscription of Pandora Plus. Hope you're enjoying it! 🙌

Have a wonderful Friday and thanks for listening! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos