cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

littlesu
Local Performer

This is happening to me.  What do you mean by "each member of your family will need to beloved into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts?"  Can't they log into the family plan account from their own device?  I'm totally confused.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
72 Replies

Di3
Local Performer

So i Just did an upgrade on my subscription HOPING that my husband can have access to my music, so we can both listen to the app with out problems, he has his own account, but we are still receiving the 

"someone else is listening to your Pandora.." does he also have to upgrade his account to a family plan?

You're telling me pandora isn't like the other apps, where the family plans are able to have multiple family members have access to their music without problems? in that case i should switch my plan to what i had before? Any advice people?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Di3 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

If the Someone else is listening error message is still popping up, then that means your husband is still logged into your account on his devices and is attempting to stream Pandora at the same time as you.

He will need to be logged into his personal Pandora account that was added to your family plan.

Have him sign out of Pandora on his devices, and then sign back in using his personal email address associated with the Pandora account you added to your plan.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

dittohead
Local Performer

Well then something's messed up, because I have 2 other family members on my Family Subscription, and each of them has their own email address in the Family plan, and yet when I just went to listen, I got a popup message that said that "Someone else is listening to your Pandora account/Only one person can listen at a time".

This isn't the first time I've gotten this "error" message, but I've grown tired of it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dittohead I recommend having everyone sign out of their devices, and then sign back in using their own email addresses just to make sure.

In the meantime, I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

cinetango
Underground

I signed up for the family plan, but when my son wants to stream music on a different device while I am listening to music he gets the message that someone else is listening...how can I fix this.  The whole point of the family plan is to be able to listen with multiple devices.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cinetango I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

The reason that error message is popping up for you, is because your other family members are still logged into your Pandora account on their devices.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So far I see you have sent four invitations, and only one of them has been accepted so far.

With the other three invitations, there is no Pandora accounts registered under the email addresses those invitations were sent to.

If your other family members would like to join your plan, they will first need to set up a separate Pandora accounts using their personal email addresses.

Once their accounts are created, they can then accept the invitations they were emailed to join your family plan subscription.

If you run into issues with this after the new accounts are created and added to your plan, let me know.

0 Kudos

cinetango
Underground

Thank you, Adam!! I'll give it a try now.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @cinetango. 😁

0 Kudos

Kmmann11
Local Performer

I have tried numerous times to change my subscription. I tried the family plan and that didn’t work out because only one person could listen at once. I cancelled my plan and followed the posted instructions for downgrading back to Plus. I am still being charged for the family plan 5 months after trying to make the switch. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kmmann11 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

How multiple people can listen with a Premium Family plan:

If the Someone else is listening error message is popping up, then that means someone else is logged into your account on their device and attempting to stream Pandora at the same time as you.

Each member of your family will need to be logged into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts that are added to your family plan.

I took a look at your subscription, and it doesn't look like you've added anyone to your Premium Family plan yet.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after the new accounts are set up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Downgrading to Pandora Plus:

If you'd still prefer to downgrade your subscription to Pandora Plus, you can contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cinetango
Underground

Hello, new problem…I switched to a family plan and invited my family to join.  My son signed in with my credentials on his phone without creating an account of his own.  Now him and I can not listen to music at the same time.  So, we created a new account for him.  But every time he accepts the invitation it defaults to my account.  What can we do to fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cinetango I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

cinetango
Underground

Thank you, Adam!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @cinetango

0 Kudos

porschecab99
Local Performer

My wife and I have a Premium Family Plan and apparently can't stream simultaneously. What's the deal? It clearly states 5 simultaneous streams concurrently! Fix this or I'm going over to Apple Music. I have a paid subscription there too. Signed, long time, loyal listener.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@porschecab99 As long as both you and your wife are signed into your devices using your own separate email addresses, you should be able to stream simultaneously.

I recommend signing out of your devices that you are using when that error message appears, and then signing back in using your separate email addresses.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after that is completed.

0 Kudos

Shellbell1013
Local Performer

My husband and I are having an issue of the station stopping when one or the other is listening to it on the same type of device. Both in our cars or both at working playing Pandora through a computer. Any idea why we would be experiencing this? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shellbell1013 This means that the both of you are still logged into the same Pandor account on both of your devices.

Each member of your family will need to be logged into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts that are added to your family plan.

I took a look at your subscription, and it doesn't look like you've added anyone to your Premium Family plan yet.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after the new accounts are set up.

0 Kudos

E_berg6
Local Performer

My daughter accepted the invite, but on my end it says it’s pending. Cannot listen on two devices without the alert only one person can listen at a time. Help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@E_berg6 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

The reason that error message is popping up for you, is because your daughter is still logged into your Pandora account on her devices.

I do see you have sent her the invitation, however there is no Pandora account registered under the email address that invitation was sent to.

If she would like to join your plan, she will first need to set up a separate Pandora account using her personal email address.

Once her account is created, she can then accept the invitation she was emailed to join your family plan subscription.

If you run into issues with this after the new account is created and added to your plan, let me know.