cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Premium subscription transferring

MrAcidic
Local Performer

Does anyone else have a problem where their premium subscription goes away and you have to keep reapplying it to their account? From the upgrade menu of course

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrAcidic It sounds like your subscription is getting transferred due to your Google Play account being signed into multiple Android devices.

Transferring of subscriptions occurs when one or two people are using the same Google Play account on their Android devices, but different Pandora accounts. This can happen if you share your Google Play account with anyone, or use the same Google Play account to purchase apps on two Android devices. A subscription purchased with a particular Google Play account can only be applied to one Pandora account at a time.

To keep this from happening again, I would recommend that you let anyone who might use your Google Play account know that it would be best to upgrade to their own Pandora subscription from a web browser using a credit card, or to use a different Google Play account.

If there is no one else who could be using your Google Play account then you may be triggering this transfer by accidentally using two different Pandora accounts. Try signing out of Pandora on all of your Android devices (making sure to sign back in with the correct email address and password on each) so that all of your devices are signed into the same account.

I hope this is helpful, but please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrAcidic It sounds like your subscription is getting transferred due to your Google Play account being signed into multiple Android devices.

Transferring of subscriptions occurs when one or two people are using the same Google Play account on their Android devices, but different Pandora accounts. This can happen if you share your Google Play account with anyone, or use the same Google Play account to purchase apps on two Android devices. A subscription purchased with a particular Google Play account can only be applied to one Pandora account at a time.

To keep this from happening again, I would recommend that you let anyone who might use your Google Play account know that it would be best to upgrade to their own Pandora subscription from a web browser using a credit card, or to use a different Google Play account.

If there is no one else who could be using your Google Play account then you may be triggering this transfer by accidentally using two different Pandora accounts. Try signing out of Pandora on all of your Android devices (making sure to sign back in with the correct email address and password on each) so that all of your devices are signed into the same account.

I hope this is helpful, but please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. 

0 Kudos

outlaw_11d
Local Performer

Upgraded my phone and now I don't have any of the songs I downloaded ..plz help 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @outlaw_11d. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. Looks like your subscription was transferred to another account. I would recommend checking out @AdamPandora's post about this here.

In the meantime, someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance with your subscription. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Stevengh
Local Performer
  • Am I to assume that the ads I’m now receiving are your cowardly way of stating you are raising your rates by $4 ? Just asking 
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stevengh It looks like you have two accounts set up - one free account, and one upgraded account.

You will need to sign into your paid account in order to enjoy the benefits of your subscription.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to further assist, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos