cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

dratifk
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium Military account. But it tells me someone else is listening. How many people can stream at the same time? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Dutchboyjohn  You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

Thanks for posting to community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
101 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dratifk Pandora Premium Military accounts are meant for individual, non-commercial use. The cost of an individual subscription only covers the costs of one stream of ad-free songs.

You can play your account on any supported computer or device you own, however, only one person can listen at a time on your account. If our system detects that your account is playing on more than one device at the same time, you will be notified with an audio and/or display message that pauses your music.

Alternatively, you could play music from multiple Pandora accounts if you upgrade to the family plan. Pandora Premium Family allows you to upgrade up to 6 unique Pandora Premium accounts, and use all 6 of them simultaneously.

You can find additional information on the Pandora Premium Family subscription here

stocktonow
Local Performer

Is there a military discount price for the Pandora Premium account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stocktonow Yes - Pandora offers a special price for Pandora Premium for military affiliates.

You can find more information on Pandora Premium Military here

0 Kudos

Dutchboyjohn
Local Performer

I am a new paid subscriber. And now that I have started to pay for my Pandora music, I can only have one listener at a time. We have 4 iPhones three iPads and two MacBooks all they listen to Pandora. But now that I pay for the Pandora plus, only one works at a time. Please explain. Do I have to cancel my subscription and go back to the free version?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @Dutchboyjohn  You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

Thanks for posting to community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

thamind
Local Performer

This is the stupidest restriction I have ever heard of. So now that I signed up for pandora plus, my 10+ alexa devices in my household cannot play music at the same time, but when i was using a free non premium account, I could play as many devices as I want simultaneously? My wife is upstairs trying to play music while I am downstairs working trying to play music at the same time, but i guess thats what paying $60/year gives you instead of free.

Free Pandora Account > Play all the music you like, just with ads

Paid Pandora Account > only one device, but no ads

Your CTO and dev team must be a bunch of ignorant individuals. I think i will stick to the ads / use spotify until you get your heads straight.

Moderator Edit: Format

da134
Local Performer

Purchased subscription on one phone but want to transfer it to another 

mod edit: format and changing title for clarity 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @da134 thanks for posting to community!

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

Keep in mind, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. 

Hope this helped to answer. Thanks for posting! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Detective9
Local Performer

I just signed up for my first pandora premium subscription ever 

I have since I’m very new to this type of technology and entertainment.
Question 1 I want to know how many people can use my Pandora Premium subscription 
Question 2 If I let certain relatives use my subscription when a person is using it at the same time as another person will our playlists and our favorite music be affected if we like different music
Question 3 Is there a way to create more profiles on my account like how it is on Netflix

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Detective9 I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

How many people/relatives can use an individual Pandora Premium subscription:

To clarify, you can play your account on any supported computer or device you own, however, only one person can listen at a time on your account. If our system detects that your account is playing on more than one device at the same time, you will be notified with an audio and/or display message that pauses your music.

Creating additional profiles for an account:

There is not currently a way to create additional profiles for an account. 

Alternatively, you could play music from multiple Pandora accounts if you upgrade to the family plan. Pandora Premium Family allows you to upgrade up to 6 unique Pandora Premium accounts, and use all 6 of them simultaneously.

You can find additional information on the Pandora Premium Family subscription here

*Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

0 Kudos

xrod0511
Local Performer

What subscription I need to have so 2 people can listen to Pandora under the same account at the same time?? It doesn't work with Premium Membership

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@xrod0511 I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

To clarify, there isn't currently any subscription level that allows you to listen to the same Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

Your best option would be to sign up for the Pandora Premium Family Plan

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! 

0 Kudos

BIGLOU424
Local Performer

We have Pandora Premium .... is there anyway that both my wife and I can listen to our one pandora account at the same time ... in two different locations ..... different stations???

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BIGLOU424 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

Check out my post above for additional information on how many people can stream on a single subscription, as well as what your best options are.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Adrian1699
Local Performer

How many users? For premium military

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Adrian1699 Each account can only be streamed on one device at a time simultaneously with all subscriptions that we offer.

That being said, you may want to check out the family plan if there are others who you wish to share a subscription with.

Check out my post above for more information. 

0 Kudos

SirAce135
Local Performer

I totally agree that this should have been resolved by now.

I have been a Pandora user since nearly its inception. I willingly paid to save Pandora from closing and have been a paying user since it was possible. 
I am constantly having to do mental gymnastics to defend Pandora with their lower than standard bit rate and their single stream limitation EVEN on a family plan...

Like many other people our home has tons of connected devices, between SONOS, HEOS, and our connected cars not to mention TV's, receivers and hand held devices. This single stream limitation is ridiculous! I can't be logging in and out of Pandora accounts wherever I go throughout the house. It has turned into a huge burden and has made us start using Spotify more and more. They have this figured out already, why can't Pandora? And when will we get higher bitrate/quality??

Pandora... Getting left in the dust. It feels like MySpace all over again.

GaryProctor
Local Performer

Does Pandora have a plan that will allow me to listen on multiple devices at the same time?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @GaryProctor, thanks for posting to community!

Listening to the same account on multiple devices is currently not a feature. Pandora listeners receives their own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

There is a request for this idea in our Feature Request Board, feel free to check it out here

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos