cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

dratifk
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium Military account. But it tells me someone else is listening. How many people can stream at the same time? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
101 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Ellen8.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

DM1214
Local Performer

I pay for the Pandora Plus 4.99 ad-free subscription which is under my husband’s cell phone number.  My IPad is under my cell number.  Can I get the same ad-free subscription transferred to my cell number so as to get ad-free music on my IPad? I personally think if you are in the same family, you should be able to share for $ 4.99/month.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DM1214 I moved your post over to this thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

Pandora accounts follow the email address - not the device or phone number.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

To access your husband's upgraded account on your devices, you'd just need to sign in using the email address associated with his account.

This being said, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So if there are times where both you and your husband plan on streaming Pandora separately on each of your devices simultaneously, then you may want to look into upgrading to our Premium Family plan instead.

With this plan, you can create a separate account for your husband using his own email address. You can then add his account to your Premium Family plan so that you can both enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription on each of your devices.

For more information on Pandora Premium Family, click here

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

bluagain88
Local Performer

I would like to be able to listen to Pandora at the same time as my husband, listening to different music but from everything I have I have read I am still unclear if this is possible with the Family account. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bluagain88 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded 

In order for that to work, you would need to create a second account for your husband using his personal email address.

He would then need to sign into that new account on his devices.

Once that is created and he is logged into it, you can then add his new account to the Premium Family plan you sign up for so that you could both enjoy the benefits of the subscription.

You'd then be able to listen simultaneously on your devices.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

Jbone7m
Local Performer

I want to put my subscription on another device

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jbone7m I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

bblackmoor
Underground

Pandora, this is not difficult to fix. Allow one account to have X (AKA an arbitrary number of) streams, and charge accordingly. It's not bloody rocket science. This should have been fixed by now, and I won't be reactivating my subscription until it is. YouTube charges $23 a month. Surely you could do it for that much, or less.

If it's fixed before another service comes along and eats your lunch, I'll resubscribe. Not before.

0 Kudos

butterpawsmassa
Local Performer

Help I need to listen to music at work while my boys listen at home. Why can't we do this any more?

Please fix it I pay for premium. Please fix this problem.

Katrina Friedt

(email)

Moderator Edit: Personal Information and format

TannerPandora

Hi @butterpawsmassa! Welcome to community. 👋

There currently isn't a subscription level that allows a user to listen to the same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time. Unlike radio, which all drives hear in the car simultaneously, each device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music.

I checked your Pandora account and I see that you're currently upgraded to an individual subscription of Pandora Premium through Google Play.

If you'd like to use Pandora in multiple locations I recommend taking a look at our Premium Family Plan. Which allows you and up to five other accounts to enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts. As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. You could specifically create and/or add an account to your family plan for those occasions when you need two personal devices playing at once. Then share any content from one account to the other.

Hope this helps to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bblackmoor
Underground
I have renewed my Pandora Premium subscription. Even with the "someone else is listening" problem, it is still my preferred music service.

However, PLEASE fix the "someone else is listening" problem. This is NOT a licensing problem. This is a PROGRAMMING problem. As it happens, I am a programmer. If you want help solving this, please let me know.

In the meantime, it is what it is, I guess.

WGMBRM
Local Performer

With family sharing Pandora, can two family members listen concurrently to two different Pandora channels?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WGMBRM Yes, you will both be able to stream different channels simultaneously.

However, please note that you will need to be signed into separate accounts on each of your devices in order to do so.

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each of your devices.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Toyotaisme
Local Performer

I have the same issue I decided to go and pay for no adds. No I can not use in multiple devices. This is really dumb. I guess I have to go back to the free account. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Toyotaisme It looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

If you are looking for a way to stream Pandora separately on your various devices simultaneously, then would need to look into upgrading to our Premium Family plan instead.

With this plan, you can create a separate account for each of your devices using different email addresses. You can then add each new account to your Premium Family plan so that you can enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription on each of your devices.

For more information on Pandora Premium Family, click here

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

g10czarny
Local Performer

How does it work when I have multiple devices I listen on, will each device need an add free membership?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@g10czarny I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Toyotaisme
Local Performer

It would be nice to be able to listen to 2 devices at a time without the adds. Even if you have to pay a bid more. 

0 Kudos

jcurtis2142
Local Performer

I agree with this. Just upgraded to the family plan and getting the one device message and now figuring out I have to create separate accounts for my devices.

0 Kudos

DCSipp
Local Performer

few years late to this party but I guess Pandora is still sticking to their guns on this one. Total BS answer. Not technically accurate. Other services do this. So, I want run Pandora on my Sonos and if my wife wants to listen while on the mower from her phone, she cannot without another account? with another subscription? so free on multiple goes to $18/month? I'll stick with zero/month please.

0 Kudos