cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to start Premium Access

lgindc
Local Performer

I have free Pandora and until this afternoon, I was able to listen to ads so that I could choose music, give thumbs up, etc. That no longer works. I've tried both in the app on my iPhone and on my desktop (web version). Neither is working. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to solve it?

Thx!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies

Acity247
Local Performer

My account is having troubles too, I watch ads and it doesn’t play the song nor does it give me any kind of message. Then I bought the $4.99 subscription thinking it would change but my account is dealing with the same issues.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Acity247 I see you were able to enable multiple sessions of Pandora Premium yesterday.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

After you watch an ad to enable your Premium Session, does nothing play?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lgindc! Welcome to community.

I checked your account and was able to start a Premium Access session after watching an ad through a desktop computer.

I'm not currently able to replicate your experience on my iPhone.

Can you tell me a little more about what happened so that I can investigate further?

• When you started the Premium Access session were you able to start an ad?
    • If so, when the ad completed did the session not begin?
  • Did you receive an error message? If yes, what did it say?
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can include pictures directly on community. Just be sure to add the picture through a mobile browser or computer. Responding to a notification will not include photos.

Thanks for the help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lgindc
Local Performer
The weird thing is that it all works today! But yesterday, I was unable to play ads, both in desktop and iphone. When I tried to choose music to play, I was only given the option to sign up for premium—not to watch ads.

Anyway, whatever was going on resolved itself! Phew.

Thanks!

TannerPandora

Oh, how weird! Good to know it's working again, @lgindc! 🙌

Let us know if it happens again. Happy weekend! 🙂

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Chris314
Local Performer

My Pandora plus subscription won’t allow me to play specific songs, it says to go to pandora.com/premium to upgrade to premium. My only question is why I can do the listen to add for 30 mins of listening? 

Meant to say why I can’t do the add for the 30 mins

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chris314 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to start Premium Access

Can you tell us a little more about what happened so we can help look into this further?

• Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can include pictures directly on community. Just be sure to add the picture through a mobile browser or computer. Responding to a notification will not include photos.

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

Kdeb
Local Performer

I share songs with friends all the time. Just switched from and Android to an iPhone. Now when a song is shared with the me, I can’t listen! I used to be able to watch a short ad and then the song would play. Now my phone makes a little vibration when I click play… and nothing happens. What am I missing?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kdeb I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to start Premium Access

Can you tell us a little more about what happened so we can help look into this further?

• Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can include pictures directly on community. (Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

Acity247
Local Performer
I’m listening to the music on a IPhone 11. When the ad is done playing it goes to the song that I wanted to listen to but doesn’t play. When I click on a station it starts playing that station, but tells me that my premium trail ended.
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Acity247 I moved your post back over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to start Premium Access

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If those steps do not resolve your issue, I would like to report your experience to our engineers.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: IPhone 11
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

Xanderva
Local Performer

Hello I am having the same issue. I cannot play “my thumbs up”. It vibrates when I press play and then it blinks but doesn’t play anything. I have this trouble on my phone and through CarPlay. I have an iPhone 14 Pro. Can you help? I currently have a Pandora plus plan. It used to work fine but stopped working a few months ago.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xanderva I do see you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus.

In order to listen to your My Thumbs Up playlist, you'll first need to watch an ad to initiate a Premium Access session.

Since it sounds like you aren't getting prompted to watch an ad, can you please confirm if this only happen when trying to play your My Thumbs Up playlist?

Do you get prompted to watch an ad if you attempt to play a different playlist or specific song on demand?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Xanderva
Local Performer
Hello!

I am having the same issue with playing on demand. I am not getting a prompt to watch an ad. It just vibrates.

Thank you!

God bless
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Xanderva Thanks for following up with that information.

I moved your post back over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to start Premium Access

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If those steps do not resolve your issue, I would like to report your experience to our engineers.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 14 Pro
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Alan8789
Local Performer

Joined Pandora Plus but when searching for a specific song it wont play the ad , simply a pop up mes

I simply get a pop up message that says join premium . But it wont play the ad as it says on plus im on iphone 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alan8789 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to start Premium Access

If you continue to experience issues, I would like to report your experience to our engineers.

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Wukey
Local Performer

When i try to watch an ad to listen to music it says upgrade to premium and wont let me watch an ad

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Wukey 

Welcome to community!

Can you tell me a little more about what is happening? Are you listening on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    1. A Mac or Windows computer? Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from the website, what browser are you using?
  • If you are on a device, what is the make and model?
  • Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos