cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstate my canceled sub with Google Play

tmh202
Local Performer

Does anyone know how I can re-instate my canceled subscription?  After I canceled I changed my mind. I don't want to lose all my stations and songs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tmh202. 👋

I moved your post over to the Subscription board to keep the community space organized.

Looks like you're upgraded to Premium through the Google Play billing system. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the Google Play billing system to adjust your subscription cancelation.

Please note: When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium. Once the subscription expires, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

++

Resubscribing:

When your current subscription expires through Google Play, you can resubscribe to Premium through Google Play or using our website here

Hope this information is helpful! 🎼

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

15 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @tmh202. 👋

I moved your post over to the Subscription board to keep the community space organized.

Looks like you're upgraded to Premium through the Google Play billing system. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the Google Play billing system to adjust your subscription cancelation.

Please note: When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium. Once the subscription expires, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

++

Resubscribing:

When your current subscription expires through Google Play, you can resubscribe to Premium through Google Play or using our website here

Hope this information is helpful! 🎼

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

EROC82
Local Performer

I have had premium for years. I was just recently billed late last month but a few days ago I have been bumped down to the free version. How do I fix this? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EROC82 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

I had our support team take a look, and they mentioned your Pandora Premium subscription through Google Play expired this month.

Unfortunately, they are unaware as to why the subscription ended as they have limited access to the Google Play billing system.

If you'd like to resubscribe to Pandora Premium, you can do so through the app again with Google Play, or if you'd prefer to sign up directly through Pandora, you can resubscribe here

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Sushi
Local Performer

I canceled my subscription and I want to renew it but it says Im still subscribed even though it shouldve ended yesterday. When I click on the manage my subscription it just says I dont have any. Has anyone else ran into this problem or knows how to solve it? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sushi I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

Unfortunately, a way to reinstate your subscription through Google Play once the auto-renewal option has already been turned off.

You will need to wait until your current subscription fully expires - once you start hearing ads again, you can then resubscribe through Google Play, or directly through the Pandora website.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Sushi
Local Performer

As soon as you resubscribe all your stations and songs will still be there

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sushi That is correct.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps clarify. 😄

0 Kudos

Vic_Lala
Local Performer

Hi. I'm getting the exact same thing. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vic_Lala I moved your post over to this existing thread: Reinstate my canceled sub with Google Play

I had our support team take a look, and they mentioned your Pandora Premium subscription through Google Play expired this month.

Unfortunately, they are unaware as to why the subscription ended as they have limited access to the Google Play billing system.

If you'd like to resubscribe to Pandora Premium, you can do so through the app again with Google Play, or if you'd prefer to sign up directly through Pandora, you can resubscribe here

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

MisterRey
Local Performer

all my music and playlists are not available and I'm subscribed to Pandora premium 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MisterRey! Thanks for posting. 

I checked your Pandora account and I see that it was upgraded to Pandora Premium through Google Play. However, this subscription ended on 8/9/21 and your account automatically returned to the free ad-supported service. 

It appears that the subscription was cancelled through Google Play. Unfortunately, we have limited access to the Google Play billing system and I'm unable to view any further details. If you feel this was in error,  I would recommend contacting the Google Play support team for further help. You can contact the Google Play support team here.

In the meantime, if you'd like to re-subscribe you can through Google Play or directly through Pandora's website here

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

UnicornsAreReal
Local Performer

I was subscribed to Pandora Plus, but when my payment was supposed to go through this month (yesterday), it was declined because I didn't have the money in the account to cover it; so Google Play wanted me to either update my card (which was fine, I had just needed to put money in the acct, which I did) or add a new card, there was no option to try the card again (since it would have gone through then).

So I cancelled the sub thinking that I could just start a new one right away and it would recharge my card, go through and fix the problem, however, this didn't happen... After I cancelled on the app store, I wasn't able to resub on there, I had to go to the Pandora app to subscribe, but when I go to the subscription page, it says that I am still subscribed to Pandora Plus through the Play Store and if I want to subscribe, to go to the Play Store and subscribe to Premium... which I do not want to do - I can barely afford to pay for Pandora Plus, it's a luxury for me, a low income person...

Anyway, some help getting this resolved would be awesome, I really love Pandora and have never had issues like this before. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@UnicornsAreReal From our end, we are seeing that your subscription through Google Play has already been canceled and expired.

If you'd like to resubscribe to Pandora Plus, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

KimGillespie
Local Performer

How can I get my premium pandora back after it experied and it was removed from subscription

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KimGillespie I moved your post over to this existing thread: Reinstate my canceled sub with Google Play

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to reinstate your subscription through Google Play once the auto-renewal option has already been turned off.

You will need to wait until your current subscription fully expires - once you start hearing ads again, you can then resubscribe through Google Play, or directly through the Pandora website.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos