cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with direct-billed subscription

H05T1L1TY
Local Performer

I just finally opted to pay for 1 year of Pandora Plus since I'm tired of hearing ads, and the price isn't too bad.  While listening to Calvin Harris Radio all of a sudden an ad starts up, after I've been opted into Pandora Plus for 24 hours.  As I type this another ad is playing, thus making it pointless to pay for your service.  I will be cancelling my subscription immediately after writing this post until you get things figured out.

I saw a related post which you responded with "you must be listening to a premium thing, and since you only paid for Plus you will get ads in the premium stuff" (paraphrased obviously).  Well, that was never my intent, and I should not be able to 'stumble' into a Premium section.  It should be made very obvious with popup notifications that I am leaving my Plus subscription region to play some Premium supported media and that ads will be turned back on.  Were I to give you money it would be for the ability to listen to music without ads, if you continue to make me listen to ads then paying you money is pointless.  And if you can't get the Plus version right, what incentive do I have to upgrade to Premium?  Thought this would be seamless given how simple my requirements are, but apparently not.

Labels (3)
67 Replies

jtsquared
Local Performer

For a few months now I have been heaing ads.  My Pandors Plus is paid.  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jtsquared Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jtsquared
Local Performer
Thank you Adam.
I will listen closely to see what they are. I did change some settings
hoping that would help. I was listening to meditation music and ads kept
interrupting about every 10 minutes.

--
Jeannine Tieri
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by the ones you did do." -Mark Twain

Diamond in the Rough
I have Pandora + and I was getting ads at beginning. We don't pay 4.99+ tx to get ads. GET IT TOGETHER!
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LWEdelman
Underground

Upgraded and paid for a year in May but still getting ads

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LWEdelman Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LWEdelman
Underground
I logged out on my computer and app then logged back in. Still have ads / commercials (gas, etc.) when I am streaming music by multiple artists (Joni Mitchell, Marvin Gaye)
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LWEdelman I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

LWEdelman
Underground
Thank you

Jjdono
Local Performer

I started paying for adfree pandora. However I am still getting ads when I listen on sonos. What’s the problem?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jjdono! Welcome to community. Sorry to hear you're hearing ads on your Sonos.

I've moved your message over to an existing thread: Still getting ads with direct-billed subscription

I took a look at your Pandora account and I do see that you've upgraded to a subscription of Premium. Since Sonos is a 3rd party device, I would first recommend creating a new connection with your Sonos by manually logging out and then back in again.

If you're still having trouble after establishing a new connection let us know and we can take a closer look.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jjdono
Local Performer
Thanks. I can’t seem to manually exit sonos. I tried deleting my account
and nothing happened. Thoughts?

Jim
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jjdono 

I just checked your Pandora account and I see a new connection with Sonos. Looks like you were able to get sign back in. Are you still having trouble with ads?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

barb3
Local Performer

Hi.  It was great to know that. I was going to subscribe, but now I not thanks to you. I don't want to pay to listen adds.  This guys like to trick us all.  If we don't want adds we have to get the premium witch is $10 per month. No thank you. 

0 Kudos

Jjdono
Local Performer
Yes and thank you for your help. Sonos was the answer. They actually
allowed you to speak with a person! Imagine. He helped with the fix!

Pandora should allow human interaction..it would have saved days of
frustration

Jim
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @barb3. 👋

Thanks for your post. 

You can listen ad-free using Plus or Premium. You don't have to upgrade to Premium to listen ad-free although it is a benefit of that subscription tier. If you'd like to learn more about the details of our subscription optionsl, please check out this helpful article: Pandora Subscriptions FAQ

If you're having trouble with advertisements during your listening sessions while being upgraded, there could be a couple of reason for this (ex. you're logged into the wrong account). 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you had some trouble, @Jjdono

While Pandora does not offer phone support, there are a number of other ways you can contact us with any questions you have:

1. Via email: You can create a message through our help page to contact our User Support team.
  2. Live chat: You do have the option to live chat with someone from our User Support team which can be initiated through the help page. Agents are typically available for chat Monday - Friday between the hours of 8AM - 3PM (PST).
  3. Via social media: You can Tweet @PandoraSupport, or post on our main Facebook page for assistance. 
  4. Via the community: We are always happy to try and answer any questions here as well - you can create a new post, or find an existing post to comment on if it is related to what you are asking.

In the meantime, it sounds like you were able to establish a fresh connection between your Pandora account and Sonos device. We appreciate your feedback around live support and hope that you're back to enjoying your tunes. Let us know if you need anything else. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

nkimberlain
Underground

I pay the 9.99 fee to be commerical free...I'm hearing commercials

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nkimberlain Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos