cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Harquero
Local Performer

I have been on the Pandora premium plan for a couple of years and want to upgrade to a Family plan so my kids can create accounts.  However, based on the research I have done, I have to CANCEL my subscription on Google Play and then wait for the monthly subscription to expire before upgrading?  Can someone please confirm if this is the case?  E.g. there has to be a way to just upgrade the plan immediately.  thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Sarah607389 thanks for posting on community!

I've moved your message to an existing thread on how to upgrade your subscription to help keep things organized. 

I checked your account and it looks like you're upgraded through Google Play currently. Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., iTunes or Google Play).

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

Don't worry though, you won't lose your playlists. Your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family from a computer, not a mobile device. When you're ready, you can upgrade here: https://www.pandora.com/upgrade

Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

++

How to manage your Trial:

To help cancel the trial you accidentally upgraded, I would recommend visiting @AdamPandora post for help managing your subscription. You can find it by clicking here. Please be sure to confirm the method you upgraded with and select the appropriate steps. 

If you continue to have trouble, feel free to let us know. 👍🏻🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

paullam1445
Local Performer

I'm totally with this Mmashark. This is pretty stupid.  I JUST missed my Google Play renewal date, my fault, but I've wanted to upgrade to Premium Family for weeks now and I just gotta wait a month.  Stinks.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paullam1445 We appreciate your feedback on this.

I am going to have someone from our User Support team contact you directly via email to see if they can help with your situation.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

shawnmarez
Local Performer

I've cancelled my subscription through Google Play as directed, however my Pandora account still shows my Premium subscription is active. It then redirects me to Google Play, which shows no subscriptions. I know it is the correct because it shows my past payments to Pandora for the last 24 months. Please advise, I'd like to try out the Family Plan.

0 Kudos

bobbertolino
Local Performer

I accidentally started a trial subscription through Google Play. Is there any way to cancel this such that I dont have to wait a month for it to expire? I want to quickly change to a family subscription. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shawnmarez I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

Our support team took a look and believe you were able to get this resolved as your account is now upgraded to the family plan.

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobbertolino I am going to have someone from our User Support team contact you directly for assistance with this.

Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

0 Kudos

racheltru
Local Performer

Was this addressed? I'm having the same issue... I only have one Google Play profile.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@racheltru Our support team mentioned they were able to help you with this shortly after you posted to the community.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back directly to the email thread you have going with support, and they will be happy to further assist! 

0 Kudos

zmonroe89
Local Performer

i am trying to get pandoraq family and itss telling me i havee a subscription through google play and i am not seeing it under my subscriptions

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zmonroe89 I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

If you aren't seeing any subscriptions, you are likely logged into a different Google Play account than the one you originally used to upgrade.

I am going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to further assist with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

0 Kudos

qwilliam2
Local Performer

This waiting for your Google Play subscription to "run-out" in order to subscribe to the family plan means I will need to wait six days to pay Pandora more money?  This has to be the dumbest business plan I have ever encountered.  

mark_vangorder
Local Performer

When I try to upgrade from Premium to Family Premium it is telling me must cancel my subscription, which I did, then I need to WAIT until January 24, 2021 to upgrade to Family Premium.  How lame is that?  I would like to share with my family now but NOPE!  I'll wait a few days to see if there is an answer to this problem and move on to Spotify if not.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mark_vangorder I do see our support team was able to help you with this.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back directly to the last email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Rcilluffo
Local Performer

I went to renew my subscription for the family plan and when I did it did the plus not the family plan and my kids won't be happy if they can't listen to it on there phones. I went to cancel it on my Google play and it said I had to wait a month before changing it when the subscription ends. What can I do 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rcilluffo I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

commochief84
Local Performer

I want to upgrade to the family plan,  but when I go to subscription, both on the web browser or app store, there is no selection to upgrade to downgrade plan. please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@commochief84 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Manage my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

*Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.*

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ashcor90
Local Performer

My husband bought the Pandora family plan. When he sends the request to to join. It say that i have to cancel my premium plan before. I CAN'T accept the request. Now my question is when i cancel my subscription will i lose all of my downloaded music and playlists? Will any of my music/podcast transfer over to the family plan?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ashcor90 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Joining your husband's Premium Family plan:

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Manage my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you'll then be able to accept the invitation to join your husband's plan.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will you lose any of your content when canceling your subscription and switching to Premium Family?:

When you cancel your current subscription and your account reverts back to the free service, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers after you join your husband's Premium Family plan.

This being said, you will have to re-download any content you have previously downloaded for Offline Mode back to your mobile device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos