cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Myriamele
Local Performer

I received a notification last month that my payment method wasn't working, but, the card information was all correct, and any other payments I was making were working fine.  Since I didn't want to have to deal with this again, I went ahead and changed my payment method to Paypal, however, I don't want to use Paypal, I want to go back to using my debit card.  I am unable to change it in the subscription section of my account - I've tried using the help info in the faq, but that isn't working, because when I try to change my subscription, so I can get to the account information, all it does is change the subscription, and doesn't allow me to access the payment method.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Myriamele.

Thanks for your post! I'm happy to provide more info about this.

Switching from PayPal to a Debit/Credit Card when billed directly by Pandora:

If you would like to switch your payment method, you will need to manage your auto-renewal settings and let your current subscription expire. From a computer, you can manage your auto-renewal option here.

Just click on Switch Plans and then Cancel Subscription.

You will have to enter your Pandora password to confirm, and then select Yes, Cancel My Subscription.

Once you are hearing ads again, you can upgrade again using a credit card instead of PayPal here.

Let me know if this helps! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

62 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Myriamele.

Thanks for your post! I'm happy to provide more info about this.

Switching from PayPal to a Debit/Credit Card when billed directly by Pandora:

If you would like to switch your payment method, you will need to manage your auto-renewal settings and let your current subscription expire. From a computer, you can manage your auto-renewal option here.

Just click on Switch Plans and then Cancel Subscription.

You will have to enter your Pandora password to confirm, and then select Yes, Cancel My Subscription.

Once you are hearing ads again, you can upgrade again using a credit card instead of PayPal here.

Let me know if this helps! 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Brynwall
Local Performer

That is really annoying... Wish they could set it up to change for future use...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I completely understand where you're coming from.

If you'd like to see this as an option, feel free to create a feature request here

Thanks so much for your feedback, and for posting on the community. 

Hope to see ya around the community more often. 🎧

0 Kudos

nwartist
Local Performer

I'm trying to pay with a credit card instead of through paypal. I can't use the same paypal account any longer. How do I switch that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nwartist I moved your message to this thread as  provided some helpful tips on how to switch your billing method from PayPal to a debit/credit here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

suzzsa
Local Performer

Well this is really stupid way to update payment information.  Might as well change streaming service to something that is more user friendly.   Shame on Pandora.  

Angel2
Underground

I use PayPal to pay for my sub. I would like for Pandora to bill my CC directly; how do I make this change?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Angel2 I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to change your billing method from PayPal to a credit card directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps! 😄

0 Kudos

Angel2
Underground

Thanx, you for the reply it helps. I was concerned I would lose my playlist.

Angel2
Underground

0 Kudos

Angel2
Underground

PayPal lets you cancel future billing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Angel2 Always happy to help. 😎

When you initially downgrade from Pandora Premium, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe using your credit card.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos

ddelafuente31
Local Performer

i tried doing your steps but there is no update button. I currently have pandora but i need to unlink it and pay via credit card.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ddelafuente31 I moved your post to this thread since your account is currently being billed through PayPal.

For instructions on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

JakeMcCoy
Local Performer

If I cancel my subscription, will I lose all my playlists that took me several months to put together??? You should have indicated yes or no.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JakeMcCoy When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

You can resubscribe through the Pandora website

Alternatively, you can also unlock complimentary sessions of Premium by searching for a song or album and pressing Play. Then your full collection, including any playlists, will be visible again.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

0 Kudos

jonnygarber
Local Performer

I cannot change my payment method for my Pandora Premium Family account. When I log in to the subscription page, it has the PayPal icon there, but it cannot be clicked and there is no way to edit this, even if you click the "switch plan" or "manage family." Does anyone know how to fix this? See attached pictureScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.57.36 AM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jonnygarber I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching billing method from PayPal to Pandora

Switching from PayPal to a direct-billed Pandora subscription:

For instructions on how to switch your billing method to a credit card, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

How to update your payment info within PayPal:

If you were looking to simply change the credit card you have on file with PayPal, you will need to do so within their system.

To do this:

1. Log into your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click on the Credit or Debit Card you wish to edit, or click + Link a card or bank to add a new credit card to your account.
  4. Make sure to save your changes when you're done. 

If you need further help with your PayPal account you can also contact them directly.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

jonnygarber
Local Performer

Thanks for the info. Pandora should fix this ASAP; canceling and resubscribing is a really ridiculous way to have to update your payment information!