cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my collection when upgrading?

emadoah3
Local Performer

Hi!  My son has had Pandora Plus for many years and has refined his likes, dislikes, playlists etc to perfection.  He is also very proud of his listening hours 🙂  If I upgrade to a Premium family plan will he lose all of that history?  Or will his account stats be preserved?  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emadoah3 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

All of his stations/preferences/stats will be preserved if he joins your family plan subscription.

Nothing will be lost in the process.

Hope this helps clarify! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emadoah3 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

All of his stations/preferences/stats will be preserved if he joins your family plan subscription.

Nothing will be lost in the process.

Hope this helps clarify! 

sperry62
Local Performer

If my son currently has a separate account and joins MY family plan (different account) will he maintain all his collections/etc?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sperry62 Yes - that is exactly how the family plan works.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

sperry62
Local Performer

Yes I think it does answer my question. We just want to make sure we maintain our stations as we LOVE what they play now. 😉

I currently have the Free plan
He currently has the Free plan

I want to upgrade and have him on my upgraded account so we can create playlists, ad free.

thank you

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @sperry62. 😁

Let me know if you run into any issues upgrading. 

toneal08
Local Performer

I have had pandora free for almost two decades. I am starting to use it more frequently and would like to go ad-free. I am afraid of losing my current history if I upgrade. I have had friends who have lost theirs while upgrading.

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

A very valid concern, to be sure!  It would be excellent to learn that accounts are packed up prior whatever upgrade process takes place when becoming a paying subscriber.  I'm increasingly surprised at the basic ways I find the Pandora platform wanting.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@toneal08 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Will I lose my collection when upgrading?

Upgrading to any of our paid services will not result in the loss of your history or collection.

Just make sure you upgrade the account you are currently using vs. creating a new one when upgrading - this will ensure all of your stations/preferences will remain unchanged without you having to start over.

If you are ready to upgrade, you can do so directly through our website here.

Additionally, our support team is always happy to help answer any questions you have should you run into issues.

They can be contacted directly through our help site here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

EDK9Trainer
Local Performer

Have been with Pandora for years and never knew this community was here.  If I bump over to Premium from my Plus can I keep the channels I already listen to and enjoy?  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EDK9Trainer I moved your post over to this existing thread: Will I lose my collection when upgrading?

Upgrading to any of our paid services will not result in the loss of your history or collection.

Just make sure you upgrade the account you are currently using vs. creating a new one when upgrading - this will ensure all of your stations/preferences will remain unchanged without you having to start over.

Additionally, our support team is always happy to help answer any questions you have if you run into issues.

They can be contacted directly through our help site here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos