cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - Ad Causes Poor Reception Error

Davidaallen
Underground

A problem occurs on Apple Watch series 5 Lte while streaming any of the pandora stations using watch data. Music plays fine until a commercial ad plays. The app will then display poor reception error, which prompts the same station to be deselected, upon which it comes to life playing the second ad before returning to music. This behavior never occurs between songs, so I must surmise that this is due to the initiation of the 1st commercial ad. This never occurs at home while on the watch using WiFi. It almost seems a software glitch as it only stops playing in between ads. Please advice! Thank you. 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Davidaallen. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more. This will be helpful in case we need to report this over to our engineering team.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

++

If you still have trouble with this after trying out those steps, could tell me a bit more?

• Does this happen with a specific advertisement?
  • Or, could be different ads but just the 1st one you receive?
  • Are noticing any other error messages other than "Poor Reception" when this happens?
  • What iPhone model do you have?
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Thanks so much for your help with this. I look forward to hearing back!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Davidaallen
Underground

Greetings and many thanks. Unfortunately the solutions provided were of absolutely no help. Actually I actually went beyond these basic steps prior to posting here. To answer your queries, this is occurring on the Apple Watch standalone app without iPhone 11 pro, which was running the latest iOS prior to 14 and on Apple Watch series 5 Lte also running the latest IOS prior to 7. Having said this, I’ve waited patiently to see if the new iOS 14/7 would resolve this issue. It has not. In fact it is now even worse, with music pausing. Having to reinitiate a station/s to regain playback. I exercise daily whilst sporting my Apple Watch. I usually now leave my heavy phone behind to excel and the better to enjoy my workouts. This Pandora issue is causing frequent pauses to correct playback during my routine. It’s definitely not a mobile signal issue. The indicator has full bars, and I do not experience any fault whist utilizing other data applications other than on Pandora. I can be much more explicit, and I encourage pandora to reach out to me so that I may be of greater assistance should that be required. I’ve opened up a case and have received a reference number. Fortunately I have so far been successful at trying all observations, however the result make it abundantly clear that this issue will take time and effort to resolve, and I hesitate to remain as a daily user until this can be accomplished by the powers that be. Oh... forgot to mention that I’ve updated the absolutely very latest Pandora application available on the App Store as well. So everything is running the very latest software. Good luck with this, and very much Pandora will persevere at making Apple Watch a viable vehicle for users such as myself. Please reach out to me if you’ll need any further details. I’m willing to assist Pandora to continue it mission of providing a betterment of lifestyle to many multitudes of listeners/viewers. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Davidaallen!  Thanks for following up. 

I've create a report and passed your info along to our engineers so they can further investigate this issue with your Apple Watch

We'll be posting updates in this thread as they are made available to us. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Davidaallen
Underground

Thank you! I’ll keep trying to see how it goes for the next few days. I appreciate your kind effort and I look forward to many more years of being a Pandora listener. 

dromback
Local Performer

This is happening to me on my Apple Watch Series 7. Any fix?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dromback I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more. This will be helpful in case we need to report this over to our engineering team.

First, try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

++

If you still have trouble with this after trying out those steps, could tell me a bit more?

• Does this happen with a specific advertisement?
  • Or, could be different ads but just the 1st one you receive?
  • Are noticing any other error messages other than "Poor Reception" when this happens?
  • What iPhone model do you have?
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos