cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Only on Offline mode

Baggins321
Local Performer

Hello I recently started the pandora plus free trial and I was wondering why I can't seem to download a station in artist only mode. When ever I download a station it plays everything from anybody except the Artist the station is based off of. Anybody have any advice on how to go about doing this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Baggins321. 👋

I moved your post from the Desktop space over to the iOS board as it looks like you may use an iOS device.

Your Account + Offline Stations:

At this time, your Pandora account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. 

• For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations.
  • Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy.
  • While listening offline, it's important to continue giving feedback in the form of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down. The next time you connect to Pandora through Wi-Fi or a mobile network, we will use that info to personalize and replace the offline tracks with new ones.

++

Artist Mode:

Keep in mind that since licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in "Artist Only" mode, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers will be able to view an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session. Those that do will also have access to Pandora Premium's other features during their Premium Access session. You can find out more about how modes work in this article.

Modes aren't currently a feature of offline stations. If you'd like to see this option for your offline tunes, feel free to create a feature request here.

Hope this info is helpful. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Baggins321. 👋

I moved your post from the Desktop space over to the iOS board as it looks like you may use an iOS device.

Your Account + Offline Stations:

At this time, your Pandora account is upgraded to Pandora Plus. 

• For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations.
  • Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy.
  • While listening offline, it's important to continue giving feedback in the form of Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down. The next time you connect to Pandora through Wi-Fi or a mobile network, we will use that info to personalize and replace the offline tracks with new ones.

++

Artist Mode:

Keep in mind that since licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in "Artist Only" mode, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers will be able to view an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session. Those that do will also have access to Pandora Premium's other features during their Premium Access session. You can find out more about how modes work in this article.

Modes aren't currently a feature of offline stations. If you'd like to see this option for your offline tunes, feel free to create a feature request here.

Hope this info is helpful. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Baggins321
Local Performer

So Im not quite clear yet, did you say that a pandora premium account will play artist only mode on offline stations or artist only mode is not an option for either pandora premium or plus on offline stations?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for any confusion, @Baggins321

Station modes (Discovery, Artist, Deep Cuts, Newly Released, Crowd Faves) are not a feature of offline stations, regardless of your subscription level. 

You can use the station modes when listening normally (not in offline mode). Artist mode is a feature of Premium only. Licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in this specific mode.

Hope this helps clarify! 🎶

0 Kudos

Baggins321
Local Performer

so I was wondering is there a way to make the offline stations play more songs from the artist the station is based off of because it seems like there is hardly any songs from that artist on the offline stations I've listened to so far.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Baggins321 Sorry to hear that your offline stations aren't playing the tracks you would expect.

Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. The majority of our tracks in our catalogue are now covered under these direct deal agreements; however, some tracks, such as those that would normally play on your station, still fall under the statutory licenses and cannot be played offline. We are actively working on directly licensing the remainder of our collection so that we can provide all songs offline, but until then certain tracks will not be available. That's why your station might seem different.

In the meantime, if you'd prefer to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline Station list). We periodically refresh the stations that are available offline based on your listening habits.

I hope this helps to explain.

0 Kudos