cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED - 7/19/24) - iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

r2thehotone
Underground

I have an iPhone 13 Pro. I am currently running the most recent update for iOS which is 17.5.1. I recently updated Pandora to the latest update after doing that, the music is constantly buffering on cellular. All of my other applications work fine including streaming and YouTube on Cellular.

The only time Pandora works ok is on j WiFi. Very frustrating can’t listen at gym or in car anymore.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Refreshed my network settings. Closed out of and signed back into Pandora. Turned the device on and off. Issues persist. Started this week July 12 after most recent update from App Store on Pandora. Please 🙏🏻 Help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
62 Replies

Kim0013
Local Performer

my app will only work over Wi-Fi. It won’t work with cellular data at all. 4 days now I’m just about to cancel I have iphone15 ugh

Wes9377
Local Performer

Is there anyone who has resolved the poor network connection when connected to apple CarPlay?  It seems it does it while connected to my work tunes too. There will be a long pause between songs or if I skip a song. I’m on an iPhone 13. ATT cell service with 5g signal when this happens. I could understand if there was little to no signal. Help. It’s annoying. If I hadn’t already paid the yearly I would’ve found a different service. 

0 Kudos

gladwood8397
Underground

Any new information on this issue being resolved.

Has there been updates to correct the problem, does anyone have a solution.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

Southernhemi
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue. Constant buffering when not on WiFi. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting. Sounds like the same timeframe too (started a few days ago). I can’t justify paying for a service that just ends up frustrating me more than anything else. Please fix the bug Pandora. 

tonieshell
Underground

I am so glad I found this! I have been having issues for 2-3 days now. I have tried everything and I am having the same issues as everyone here. I have been getting so frustrated. I have an Iphone 15 that is up to date and Pandora app is up to date. I also pay for a subscription and have never had any issues with Pandora ever. It's my favorite streaming app. Please fix this! I can't even use it right now because it plays song and then just buffers. Pandora do something! Please. 

Did not fix it. Still having same issues today only on cellular data.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

Badpontiac
Underground

Seems there is still no resolution. It’s so aggravating! 

0 Kudos

David210
Underground

the network change did nothing to fix the issue. Every thing works fine on WiFi but not on cellular. I checked at 5pm central time and same issues as before. This is getting frustrating I use pandora all the time on the drive home from work. Please fix this issue 

Justin24
Underground

I’m having same issue. I have iPhone 14

0 Kudos

Cefp0220
Local Performer

I am having the same problem! Continuously “buffering” while using cellular or reading as poor network connection while attempting to use with CarPlay. Using an iPhone 15 (at&t) and every other app is performing as normal. I pay for pandora premium and have not been able to use it for almost a week after doing all troubleshooting to try to get this up and running again, but getting very close to just cancelling. 

0 Kudos

timbouris
Local Performer

I saw a post on July 12, 2024, stating the same thing that the users are facing buffering when on Cellular. The post states it was fixed on July 15. I have not seen this on WIFI since July 15.

However, I was experiencing this issue yesterday (July 16) for most of the afternoon and evening when I was on Cellular. 

Is there a planned solution? I just renewed my subscription this week and now am questioning whether I should continue my 14 year membership or transition.

Please let me know the plan for resolution and timeline.

Thanks

Tim

0 Kudos

mryhllnd
Local Performer

I have been having the exact same issue and it is frustrating as heck. I reported this in the app store but haven't gotten any response.

0 Kudos

Shrikia
Local Performer

Pandora has been glitching bad lately, i pay for the Plus just to not have my music load, I’ve looked for updates to see if that’s the issue but no the music just isn’t loading 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@j_zastrow @Wes9377 @Southernhemi @tonieshell @Justin24 @Cefp0220 @timbouris @mryhllnd @Shrikia 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with the community.

I've made sure to pass all of your feedback along to our engineering team. As soon as we have an update, it'll be posted here.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

stringerstring
Local Performer

My Pandora has been buffering for several days also, Does anyone have an update on when it will be corrected? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@stringerstring I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

As soon as receive an update, we'll make sure you provide you with it right here.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

gman66
Underground

This issue of constant buffering with pandora when using cellular data but not an issue with wifi needs to be made a top priority today - not next week or next month - today.  Pandora is taking numerous customers for granted - long term loyal customers - and you are taking our money to use your pandora app that is not useable in cellular mode - I ask for you to elevate this issue immediately today and I ask for a reply to this post for me and others to know when you plan to fix it this week or do you plan to give us a month free for every week we have to suffer through this service not working or do we just cancel our membership...........   Pandora needs to act now and we want to hear when it will be fixed

mod edit: format

Justin24
Underground

Got a message from their support people saying they are aware of issue and working on it

castilloandrea
Local Performer

I been having this issue for a little over a week. I have uninstalled and re-install the app to see if it would work and it doesn't. its very frustrating to the point where i had to download Spotify because i need music for my drive home from work at late night to stay awake and i dislike listening to the radio.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07.19.24): Hey friends 👋

Thank you for your patience while our teams investigated. We believe that this issue has now been resolved. Please try listening on your iOS device again and let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (09.02.24)

gladwood8397
Underground

Thank you so nice to have Pandora back to normal