cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED - 7/19/24) - iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

r2thehotone
Underground

I have an iPhone 13 Pro. I am currently running the most recent update for iOS which is 17.5.1. I recently updated Pandora to the latest update after doing that, the music is constantly buffering on cellular. All of my other applications work fine including streaming and YouTube on Cellular.

The only time Pandora works ok is on j WiFi. Very frustrating can’t listen at gym or in car anymore.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Refreshed my network settings. Closed out of and signed back into Pandora. Turned the device on and off. Issues persist. Started this week July 12 after most recent update from App Store on Pandora. Please 🙏🏻 Help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
62 Replies

cjostberg
Underground

Also a problem for me, it's very frustrating and and I will cancel my long time subscription if it isn't fixed soon. 

-Only happens on cellular data

-iPhone 13 pro on AT&T

-iOS 17.5.1

-Pandora 2406.1

-Issue happens on multiple cars using Carplay or connecting via Aux Bluetooth

-Issue happens when listening directly via headphone

-I've tried logging out/in multiple times, re-installing app multiple times, changing audio quality, connecting to Carplay via wireless or wired with no change

-Often via Carplay it displays "poor network quality" on the car screen despite having full strength and no buffering via other streaming apps

-Within the Pandora app only "buffering" appears

Once song plays, that song will be fine.  It's only between songs where it's a sporadic issue.

PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread so that it appears at the top. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07.19.24): Hey everyone 👋

Thank you for your patience while our teams investigated.

We believe that this issue has now been resolved.

Please try listening on your iOS device again and let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Pandora Update (07.17.24): Hi there 👋

We know some of you are experiencing buffering issues while using cellular data.

Our team is on it and investigating the root cause. We'll keep you posted with updates right here.

Thanks for your patience!

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hey 👋

A network change was made that should help with this issue. Could you try again, and let me know if the buffering persists?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for reporting the buffering and skipping issues with the Pandora app on your iOS devices. Based on your messages, it sounds like the standard iOS troubleshooting steps don't help resolve the issue. The moderation team has passed along your feedback to the right people who can address it properly.

If you haven't already, feel free to include your network details to share with our tech team. It's helpful to know:

• Wireless Carrier:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (08.05.24)

dhpack
Local Performer

Following up on my earlier post, the problem arises when I use Pandora in my car and a cellular connection.  I have an unlimited AT&T plan.  I've used Pandora for years in my cars.  The problem arose a few days ago.  Please see my post below for further details.  Thanks.

Rmillerhse
Local Performer

Constantly buffering and dropping the app

cjostberg
Underground

Also AT&T unlimited.  Also happens when using cellular data only.  Also used for years and has only been a problem as of about a week or so. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @dhpack @cjostberg. I will add these additional details to the internal ticket we have open for this issue. We appreciate you raising the alarm. 👍

0 Kudos

Badpontiac
Underground

Continuous buffering. Same places I’ve always traveled or worked out. I’m going to cancel if this continues.  I’m having the same issue. Been about a week. I will cancel if this continues, this is irritating.  ATT plan… 

mod edit: merged comments

Cltedro
Local Performer

Thanks, Alyssa. I just tested it and I have AT&T and it appears to be only in the cellular network even though it is also only pandora - my daughter played YouTube music on my phone with no issues! I will reach out to att about why they’ve decided to slow pandora when I barely use any data. They’ve had a whole host of issues lately and this is apparently just another inability to handle their data! Thanks for all the quick replies!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Rmillerhse @Badpontiac. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with buffering as well. I moved your posts over to this existing thread where our moderation team is actively tracking the issue: iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

In the meantime, I've passed your feedback along to our tech team as they continue to investigate. Once we have an update, it'll be posted here.

Thanks for letting us know and for your patience during this process. 🎧

clayton12
Underground

Same here - it just started a couple of weeks ago. Long delays because of buffering. I have had Pandora for years. Something has change with Pandora that is causing delays and esp when you hit the button for the next song.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. My ipnone is an Iphone 13 and its up to date.  It does it with 5 bars signal strenght, 5G. If its not corrected I guess I'll have to go to Sirius 

Yea same here -- works over WIFI ok, Still having problems when connected via cell service. I have 5G and full signal strength and itS buffering and may take a minute when switching to the next song. I drive all over memphis daily and its happening everywhere i go... **ahem**

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

Tehrightstuff
Local Performer

I’m having the exact same issue. It’s infuriating.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hi friends 👋

A network change was made that should help with this issue. Could you try again, and let me know if the buffering persists?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

gladwood8397
Underground

Same issue very frustrating, have tried all the steps mentioned and has not resolved the issue.

Still not resolved. Happening with cellular data.  WiFi is fine.

mod edit: merged comments

r2thehotone
Underground
I just tried Pandora again deleted the app and reinstalled it and it is still buffering. Even after you said you fixed something with the network please let your network engineers know to fix this. It’s a problem that’s affecting thousands of customers.
Sent from my iPhone

cjostberg
Underground

No improvement on my end either.  I logged out/in and re-started my phone to be sure, same issue.  Glad to hear it's being looked into, but keep looking please.  

Jada32
Local Performer

Pandora is not working on my iPhone 13 Pro on cellular data. It constantly buffers. I have the Pandora premium plan, and everyone else’s works except mine on the plan. I’ve turned my phone off several times, uninstalled the app and reinstalled, deleted the app, signed out and put in airplane mode. It still will not work. This is going on day 5. Any suggestions? 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I appreciate the follow up, @r2thehotone @cjostberg @gladwood8397. I will pass this information along to them on your behalf. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jada32. 👋

Sorry for the trouble - I know how frustrating constant buffering can be. I moved your post over to this existing thread as we're tracking report for our tech team: iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

Our engineers are currently investigating this issue. We appreciate your patience while this is being addressed. 🎧

j_zastrow
Local Performer

Same problem stated about 2 weeks ago, don't like

iPhone 15

IOS 17.5.1

Pandora  2406.1

AT&T

gman66
Underground

Unfortunately the network change you made did NOT fix the isssue.  I have checked Pandora just now on 7/15/24 at 11:25PM Eastern time.   Pandora via Wifi works flawlessly and zero buffering or delay between songs when advancing song or moving forward to next song after last one ends.  However, Pandora via Cellular Data is NOT working without BUFFERING which often lasts at least a minute or more between songs. 

Bottom line Cellular BUffering is NOT fixed yet.  PLEASE CONTINUE TO FIX ISSUE ASAP and recommend a software update to fix most recent Pandora update that broke your app to begin with

G