cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Mode Disappears on 80's Pop Station

Glaive92
Local Performer

I’m listening to the 80’s pop station and  this is the second time that the discovery mode button has disappeared from the customize station button. Is is no longer a selectable option and defaults to my station. I still have the crowd faves and deep cuts but I no longer have the discovery button. And yes I have thumbs down songs that I don’t like. 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Glaive92! Thanks for posting. 

Is this only happening on your iOS device or other devices as well, like the web?

Can you do me a favor and please take a screenshot of the station from the Now Playing screen.  In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what is happening. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TheEverling
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue with a personal station I have been using for a few years. It got itself stuck in "Discovery" mode and can't leave. It says I am on My Station, but doesn't play any songs I recognize. If I then select Discovery or any other mode, it shows the message for selecting "My station" then removes the option to select any other mode again. This is happening on Android and the web app.

As stated in title, my station is stuck in what I assume is Discovery mode. It says it is playing My Station, but none of the songs are from artists I listen to, or are any tracks I have given a thumbs up. Issue started about a week ago. If I select Discovery mode or any other mode, it shows a message saying I have switched to My Station, and then removes the option to select a curated mode. The station will still not play any songs I am familiar with. Issue happens on Desktop and Android app.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @TheEverling. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Which station does this issue occur with?

Also, would you be able to send over a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you select My Station?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your next post.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

TheEverling
Local Performer

This is occurring with EDM Hits Radio. I also submitted a separate ticket for this issue, as I wasn't sure which was more applicable since this was an older issue. Below are screenshots of before I select anything, and after I select a curated mode. The mode I selected in this case was Discovery, but it happens when selecting any of them. It always still displays My Station instead of anything that was selected, but does skip the song.

Pandora1.JPGPandora2.JPG

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing those details, and the screenshots, @TheEverling.

Our engineering team was able to take a look and discovered that there is in fact a bug on the EDM Hits Radio station. However, this specific station should only have Curated Modes, not the additional options (Discover, Artist Only, etc.) that you are able to see. This is why the mode doesn’t appear to work when you click on it.

Thanks for reporting this, and for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

TheEverling
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora I have been able to use Discovery on this station in the past, and it worked as advertised. It is also the only station mode I have ever enabled outside of the standard "My Station" which is why I assume it is stuck in Discovery mode. My station is still seemingly unable to play the normal station mode, as I haven't seen thumbs up tracks in weeks.

0 Kudos

TheEverling
Local Performer

Not sure what changed, but now my station won't play anything close to what the station was originally created with. This has become such a large issue and I am getting nowhere trying to understand the cause.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @TheEverling. 👋

Sorry to hear that your station has changed. We use all of the feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs and any additional seeds) to determine what to play next. If you want to hear more songs by a particular artist, review the Thumb feedback. To improve your stations, make sure each of the Thumbs Up fit with the type of station you want and remove those that don't.

To edit your station on the web, go to My Collection, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

Then:

• To delete a thumbed track, scroll down to the Thumb History section of this page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon. Next, either select the ellipsis next to the Thumb or hover your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu. As before, select Delete.
  • Please keep in mind, we do limit the number of songs by a particular artist played each hour due to licensing agreements.

I've taken a look at your account, and I think your station has also changed due to a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your station (over 900). Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool while Thumbed up tracks, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play. I would recommend removing some of the Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire. 🎧

0 Kudos