cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following other listeners

Rafarrell3
Local Performer

I currently have the latest version of the app, and am unable to “follow” my wife’s account. Her account is set to “public”, as is mine, so that shouldn’t be the problem. She was able to “follow” me and it shows on my profile that I have 1 follower, but it won’t show anyone under the “followers” tab. When I try to search for her using her email, Pandora yields no results. I have tried logging out, then back in. I have also tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app, as well as on different devices. What gives? 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Rafarrell3. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

• Could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing under your followers tab?
  • Also, are you able to search for any other email addresses? Do those yield results?

Screenshot:

To take a screenshot on an iPhone 8 (or earlier) or an iPad or iPod touch:

• Press and hold the lock button (the button on the top right side) and the home button (the circular button on the bottom of your device) at the same time.

To take a screenshot on an iPhone X or later:

• Press and hold the lock button (the button on the right side) and the volume up button (on the left side) at the same time.
  • In iOS 13, a thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device. Tap the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup, or swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it.

To find the screenshot you just took, go to Photos > Albums and tap Screenshots. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

dougrossi
Local Performer

has this feature been removed?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @dougrossi, thanks for reaching out, and great question!

Thankfully, this feature has not been removed and you have many different ways to follow/find your friends on Pandora.

To connect your Pandora account with Facebook to share and follow friends from a mobile device: 

1. Open Pandora and tap the Profile tab.
  2. Press the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  3. Select Privacy. 
  4. Under Manage External Services, you can toggle the Facebook setting to On. You will be asked to authorize your connection. A confirmation message will pop up indicating that you have successfully connected your Pandora and Facebook accounts.

You can also connect with other listeners on Pandora without Facebook or Twitter. After launching Pandora on your mobile device:

1. Go to the Profile tab.
  2. Next tap Followers, then Find Friends.
  3. Tap the  "+" icon to search for a friend using the email address associated with their Pandora account.

++++

However, if you're having trouble with this feature, could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing under your followers' tab? Also, are you able to search for any other email addresses? Do those yield results?

Let me know and hope this helps! :pandora:

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

dougrossi
Local Performer

Ahh yes this works on mobile but no on the Desktop app. which is what I'm using. 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @dougrossi 👋

Thanks for following and sorry for any confusion.

Connecting and following with other fellow listeners is a feature only available on mobile devices. You can do this by following the steps above.

However, you can share content from our website or desktop app via your Facebook or Twitter account, or by copying a link to share online.

To share what's currently playing on Pandora, either hover your cursor over the album art, or click on the ellipsis (or three dots) for that item. Select Share. From here you can post to a connected Facebook or Twitter account, or select Copy Link to share a direct link instead.

If you need help connecting your Facebook or Twitter account to Pandora, let me know.

Hope this helps!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos