cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'For You' Menu

Emain123
Underground

Until this last update, when I opened my app it would go straight to my collection, which I really enjoyed so I could get right to what I use the app for. Now every time I open the app, even if it was just open it brings me to the “for you” menu which I’m not interested in. Is there a way to switch it back so my “home page” when I open the app is my collection? I’m on the latest iOS if that helps. Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Z1i9g8g8y I moved your post to this thread since you had similar feedback regarding the "For You" menu in the app.

While there isn't a way to disable or remove this menu, your comments have been noted for our product team - this type of information is very helpful as we work to improve the service

In the meantime, I recommend creating a feature request for your specific suggestion as it sounds like something many other listeners are interested in seeing as well. 💡

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

shanerr
Underground

my UI is defaulting to "for you", I don't want this and don't see how to change it (default) back to "my collection".. Why are they messing with it?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @shanerr thanks for the feedback on this. It's very helpful as we improve the product. 

The best place to report this is from our Feature Request board. From here you can post feedback, new ideas and suggestion or like those ideas from other listeners. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

shanerr
Underground

thanks for the generic answer, but you guys are making it difficult to keep my Pandora the way I'm used to. Why are you making changes and not allowing changes to be made on my device?? Why does Pandora not leave off where I left it? How can I talk to a human? I don't want to request features, I want it left alone or capable of a default setting rather then you deciding what and how I like my UI....

I also emailed "Help" got a response with questions, I then replied and have not heard a response. How long does it take for you guys to respond? Why can't I call someone? I pay you almost the same as I pay Netflix or Hulu and I can talk to a human there..

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shanerr Our User Support team does not offer phone support, however I do see that you have an open case with them regarding this issue.

Please be patient and keep an eye out for their email reply to your message. They will be happy to look into this further with you. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Emain123. 👋

I'm currently looking into this for you.

If you don't mind, could you provide more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 13.3 (latest version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Emain123
Underground

-iPhone 11 pro 

-Verizon 

-iOS 13.3

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @Emain123.

For my own Pandora account, I'm on same exact version (both app + iOS) with Premium listening from an iPhone Xs Max. When I launch the app, I am taken to My Collection automatically with the option of going to "For You" in the bottom navigation.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening in case I need to report this to our engineering team. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

I completely understand how inconvenient this might be, but would you mind trying out these steps?

Let me know how it goes. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Emain123
Underground

Alyssa,

I have rebooted my device and uninstalled/reinstalled Pandora on my device per your instruction but nothing has changed. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @Emain123

I'll need some time to gather more information about what is happening.

I appreciate you sticking with me on this, and for your patience while I look into it for you.  👍

0 Kudos

Emain123
Underground

Ok, thank you. 

Z1i9g8g8y
Local Performer

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable/remove the For You Tab at the bottom of the screen after you open Pandora on mobile? It's extremely annoying and nothing on it interests me I would rather just have my stations/collections pop up instead. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Z1i9g8g8y I moved your post to this thread since you had similar feedback regarding the "For You" menu in the app.

While there isn't a way to disable or remove this menu, your comments have been noted for our product team - this type of information is very helpful as we work to improve the service

In the meantime, I recommend creating a feature request for your specific suggestion as it sounds like something many other listeners are interested in seeing as well. 💡

0 Kudos

Emain123
Underground

So obviously there’s quite a few of us that don’t like this feature and wish it was optional. Do we have any insight as to if you guys are working to resolve this or if there’s an update to alleviate this problem anytime soon?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emain123 I completely understand where you're coming from as I was unaware of this update when you first posted this. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to adjust this from your end at this time. I also do not have an ETA or any insight as to if this will be changed.

Your thoughts about this update are extremely valuable to our team. Rest assured, the feedback on this thread (including yours) has been passed along to the appropriate party.

Thanks so much for speaking up about this. 🎙

0 Kudos

Emain123
Underground

🤦🏻‍🤦🏻‍🤦🏻‍

shanerr
Underground

"it sounds like something many other listeners are interested in seeing as well".

Why don't you guys do something about it? You show me stuff I don't want to see.. I have always paid to be a premium member, this should be an option, you guys are shoving it into our face..

nope, live with it, is what they are telling us.. They are not doing anything about it..

mod edit: format

Kathy4
Local Performer

My app use to open in My Collection. Now it automatically opens in For You. Can I change it to open in My Collection. Was this part of an update?  

TannerPandora

Hi @Kathy4, thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: 'For You' Menu

Please see @AdamPandora accepted solution here for more info on this. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos