Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AnieRose. 👋

Looks like you're new to Pandora! We're happy to have you as a listener.

How Pandora Works:

Pandora offers three ways to listen: free ad-supported Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium. Each option offers access to our industry-leading radio and podcast service.

As an ad-supported or Pandora Plus listener, you can access stations designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.

When listening to stations, you are able to rate music by giving it a Thumbs Up (meaning you like it and want more music like that on your station) or Thumbs Down (meaning you don't like it, or don't want music like that on this particular station). When you give a song a Thumbs Down, that song will never play again on that station.

We use a similar, personalized approach to help you discover podcasts and recommend new ones to you. Thumb up podcast episodes you love, and we’ll recommend more podcasts like it! Thumb down episodes you don’t like, and we’ll tune our recommendations accordingly.

Pandora Premium subscribers can enjoy the same service along with the ability to listen to music on-demand and create custom playlists.

++

Complimentary Sessions of Premium:

I do see that you've enabled a few sessions of Premium Access during your listening sessions.

• If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 
  • These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station. However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

I hope this helps explain. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AnieRose. 👋

Looks like you're new to Pandora! We're happy to have you as a listener.

How Pandora Works:

Pandora offers three ways to listen: free ad-supported Pandora, Pandora Plus, and Pandora Premium. Each option offers access to our industry-leading radio and podcast service.

As an ad-supported or Pandora Plus listener, you can access stations designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and Pandora will do the rest. Music that is similar to your musical tastes will play in your station.

When listening to stations, you are able to rate music by giving it a Thumbs Up (meaning you like it and want more music like that on your station) or Thumbs Down (meaning you don't like it, or don't want music like that on this particular station). When you give a song a Thumbs Down, that song will never play again on that station.

We use a similar, personalized approach to help you discover podcasts and recommend new ones to you. Thumb up podcast episodes you love, and we’ll recommend more podcasts like it! Thumb down episodes you don’t like, and we’ll tune our recommendations accordingly.

Pandora Premium subscribers can enjoy the same service along with the ability to listen to music on-demand and create custom playlists.

++

Complimentary Sessions of Premium:

I do see that you've enabled a few sessions of Premium Access during your listening sessions.

• If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 
  • These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station. However, you'll still have access to all of your stations under My Collection if you filter it by Stations.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience. If you're eager to jump back into Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on the Pandora website.

I hope this helps explain. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 🎧

0 Kudos

glennswett
Local Performer

As I have no internet access at my home, I come into town and listen to Pandora on my .daughter computer. I would lick to create play list and save them to DVD/Thumb drive and play them back at my home, again no internet there.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @glennswett. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Because of our content licensing agreements and the dynamic nature of our service, you will need to have either an internet or cellular network connection in order to stream Pandora. Our ad-supported service operates under a license that doesn't allow us to download stations to user devices. Additionally, unlike other music services, your stream can change depending on your feedback (Thumbs up, down, "I'm tired of this track", etc.). As a result, we need to process each song or podcast episode as a separate audio stream, which requires an internet network connection.

That being said, we do offer an offline listening option for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. For more info on Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, please visit our help page.

++

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are licensed as streaming radio services. Although Pandora Plus offers the ability to listen to up to four stations offline, no downloading or stream-ripping is permitted per our licensing.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

I hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

Exsosus
Local Performer

Need the same, as I live in a country town but the access dies on my 5G phone when I leave this area. Too bad. I still love you guys at Pandora! I will use my own offline music app for now when traveling outside of cities and I will use pandora when in-city areas.

Suggest you do the same, Glennswett!
For those of you playing without the net, check out Cloudbeats Cloud Music Player, a 100% free software for playing local mp3 files on your phone!

0 Kudos